HUI Ewave Count

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 04:58 AM

The breakout of the HUI above 242 confirms the next leg up on the HUI. We are now in wave "C" or 3 up in David Petch's wave "X" as depicted below. It is always possible that we put in 5 waves up from the May lows, but for now I will defer to David Petch's count.

Posted Image

The obvious target for this run is the measured move from the HUI flag (formed by wave B or 2). HUI 300 - 310 is achievable. We'll see once we get there.

Here is Dsquare's count which I concur with.

Posted Image

My advice is to hold onto your miners as tightly as you can and buy any weakness if you want to take positions. There are excellent setups in many miners.

Good trading.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#2 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 05:19 AM

Everyone knows I like ewave a lot. Great tool. Now for the naysayers, there are good wavers and not so good wavers. I have put my vote in for David Petch. He is excellent. Now here is an example of a not so good waver.

Posted Image

Gold Locus or whatever has been wrong about this count for weeks/months. Been wrong, and will continue to be wrong until we break to new highs. Then they will have to change their mind about things.

Then again EWI is no better. In fact, ironically the supposed authority on Elliott Wave has probably one of the worst waving records on gold/silver the USD and stock markets in the last 3 years.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain