potential ST support for crude...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 09:02 AM

fwiw, below i've attached two charts of the weekly continuous crude futures; one is my tentative ew interpretation, the other is with median lines. if my fractal analysis is correct, the price level is now in the range of the fourth wave of one lesser degree, which could offer some support, though with the wave structure in the current leg up, i suggest that the price level could drop all the way back down to the ~32.00 range and still keep the bull market trend in tact... jmho. the median lines show that the price level has come back down to the range of the median line of the red ml set, which could also offer some level of support... twt. --tsharp

Attached Thumbnails

• Crude_12_07_04_Weekly_EW.gif
  • Crude_12_07_04_Weekly_Forks.gif

#2 deacon

deacon

• Traders-Talk User
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:22 AM

The EIA's report on weekly oil inventories, which analysts expect to show a 750K decline in crude supplies and a 1.5 mln rise in distillates, will be out at 10:30 ET perhaps a strong pop in oil after the numbahs could give me that 2100 compx i wanted ... no shake thus far in stock indexes NEM went into 43.1 gap and reversed... 44 is .236 of 24-50 i got BGO 2.95 and i'm offering 3.07 ...might change mind if NEM blows thru 44 gc5g no bounce yet, the 'creek' 'stair-step' '16 yr breakout' level is 433

#3 deacon

deacon

• Traders-Talk User
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:59 PM

there are alot of large cap oil stocks in SPX ... so we are aligned in crude/ES moves last 2 days thus far out BGO 3.07 as NEM slid below the 44 round numbah si4z touched 7.00 i wish i had the 7.01 bid actually... i'm gonna try some silver if i think gold has bottomed...6.94 prev month low dx4z dropping, lets see if it can hold 82 rounderrr tsharp, are you trading ES these days, or crude or gold? us4z +30/32, times are getting very interesting, the crb drop has been magnificent also

#4 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:52 PM

there are alot of large cap oil stocks in SPX ... so we are aligned in crude/ES moves last 2 days thus far

out BGO 3.07 as NEM slid below the 44 round numbah

si4z touched 7.00 i wish i had the 7.01 bid actually... i'm gonna try some silver if i think gold has bottomed...6.94 prev month low

dx4z dropping, lets see if it can hold 82 rounderrr

tsharp, are you trading ES these days, or crude or gold?

us4z +30/32, times are getting very interesting, the crb drop has been magnificent also

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey deacon,

my es model is the only st trading model that i'm satisfied with at this time... however i am working on additional trading model projects, and as they prove their worth, i'll share them from time to time.

--tsharp