spx weekly sharp momentum...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:09 PM

fwiw, while the faster signal line is currently showing some negative divergence, the slower line is still pointing up, though i suspect that we may see a hook develop this coming week or the next... twt.

--tsharp

Posted Image

#2 Not Too Swift

Not Too Swift

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:35 PM

Tim,

The Sharp Momentum looks like a great long term indicator. Thanks for sharing the charts.

I notice that it looks very similar to MSS's 8-34 week EMA crossover. It has the same long term trend following pattern and it shows the recent dip into negative territory in late 2004.

Have you compared it to the 8-34 week EMA?

Thanks,

Swift

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$spx,uu[l,a]waclyyay[df][pc8!c34][vc60][i]&r=9428.gif
I let the market tell me what to do. The trouble is she mumbles a lot, and I'm hard of hearing.

1576 ONO. Upside down, reverse, inside out, snort...

#3 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:06 PM

Tim,

The Sharp Momentum looks like a great long term indicator. Thanks for sharing the charts.

I notice that it looks very similar to MSS's 8-34 week EMA crossover. It has the same long term trend following pattern and it shows the recent dip into negative territory in late 2004.

Have you compared it to the 8-34 week EMA?

Thanks,

Swift

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$spx,uu[l,a]waclyyay[df][pc8!c34][vc60][i]&r=9428.gif

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi swift,

just for clarification, the signals on the price chart are different from the signals in the window below.

the signals on the price chart are part of a filter i developed several years ago, which i call a bull/bear filter (and there do appear to be some similarities to the 8/34 ema you mentioned), while the signals below are two speeds of a proprietary hybrid momentum indicator i developed more recently.

--tsharp

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Not Too Swift

Not Too Swift

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 04:46 PM

Thanks!
I let the market tell me what to do. The trouble is she mumbles a lot, and I'm hard of hearing.

1576 ONO. Upside down, reverse, inside out, snort...