ST HyMo SAR @ 1217.50 ES

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 04:25 PM

fwiw, my short-term hybrid momentum model SARed today @ 15:45 @ 1217.50 ES, for +4.0 on the last swing.

it doesn't look too likely that the SPX will be able to still move on up to the ~1222 level, but with the light holiday-schedule volume, who can say for sure?

--tsharp

Posted Image

#2 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:01 AM

fwiw, my short-term hybrid momentum model SARed today @ 15:45 @ 1217.50 ES, for +4.0 on the last swing.

it doesn't look too likely that the SPX will be able to still move on up to the ~1222 level, but with the light holiday-schedule volume, who can say for sure?

--tsharp

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry that i forgot to post this yesterday, but i had to go out and care for some other business matters.

attached to this message is a chart of the 130-min spx. you'll note that while the spx has thus far not been able to move up to that higher possible price target in the ~1222 range, yesterday's confluence of MLs was an ideal place to put a high in, if indeed we have... twt.

--tsharp

#3 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:33 PM

--tsharp

Posted Image

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fwiw, the midday rally put my model right on the brink of flipping back to a long, but as the buying faded, so also did the potential signal, and as you can see (chart attached), my ST HyMo model remains short from yesterday's 1217.50 ES.

while the spx only closed down on the day, the ES managed to create an outside down, key reversal bar on the daily chart. with the conflict between the spx and ES, we'll need to see what next week brings.

happy and profitable New Year to all!

--tsharp

Attached Thumbnails

• SPX_12_30_04_130_min_Forks.gif
  • STMoSwing_12_31_04.gif

#4 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:38 AM

[quote name='tsharp' date='Dec 31 2004, 05:33 PM']
[quote name='tsharp' date='Dec 30 2004, 05:25 PM']fwiw, my short-term hybrid momentum model SARed today @ 15:45 @ 1217.50 ES, for +4.0 on the last swing.

--tsharp

[Edited out older chart to preserve bandwidth]

fwiw, the midday rally put my model right on the brink of flipping back to a long, but as the buying faded, so also did the potential signal, and as you can see (chart attached), my ST HyMo model remains short from yesterday's 1217.50 ES.

while the spx only closed down on the day, the ES managed to create an outside down, key reversal bar on the daily chart. with the conflict between the spx and ES, we'll need to see what next week brings.

happy and profitable New Year to all!

--tsharp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

quote from elsewhere on fri pm:

tsharp... Fri, Dec 31, 3:58PM ET
if'n we were to bounce from here on monday my stuph would prolly signal a buy

and more from sat:

tsharp... Sat, Jan 1, 4:41PM ET
to be honest, i don't know either way... i have a higher target that didn't get hit (spx ~1222), but it didn't really have to get hit, i just thought it would... fwiw, my stuph is already short from 1217.50... so we'll see.

tsharp... Sat, Jan 1, 4:44PM ET
it would be a nasty trick if'n the drops on thurs and fri were wave-a and wave-c, respectively, of a wave-iv, with wave-v .... still ahead

above is just another illustration (imho) of the inherent problems of attempting to use EW/fractal analysis as a frontline trading tool... there are usually just too many other possibilities always abounding, and we as 'counters' seem to have the tendency to overlook or discount the other possibilities according to our biases or current trading positions.

the ES globex session has already taken out last week's highs, so it appears likely that we'll be reversing back to long this morning, as the fast signal line in my work would be showing positive divergence, but we'll have to see what happens once RTH gets under way.

--tsharp

#5 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:51 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

quote from elsewhere on fri pm:

tsharp... Fri, Dec 31, 3:58PM ET
if'n we were to bounce from here on monday my stuph would prolly signal a buy

and more from sat:

tsharp... Sat, Jan 1, 4:41PM ET
to be honest, i don't know either way... i have a higher target that didn't get hit (spx ~1222), but it didn't really have to get hit, i just thought it would... fwiw, my stuph is already short from 1217.50... so we'll see.

tsharp... Sat, Jan 1, 4:44PM ET
it would be a nasty trick if'n the drops on thurs and fri were wave-a and wave-c, respectively, of a wave-iv, with wave-v .... still ahead

above is just another illustration (imho) of the inherent problems of attempting to use EW/fractal analysis as a frontline trading tool... there are usually just too many other possibilities always abounding, and we as 'counters' seem to have the tendency to overlook or discount the other possibilities according to our biases or current trading positions.

the ES globex session has already taken out last week's highs, so it appears likely that we'll be reversing back to long this morning, as the fast signal line in my work would be showing positive divergence, but we'll have to see what happens once RTH gets under way.

--tsharp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

lol!!! what a game... it was the worst of both worlds... the boolz got their higher-high, and the bearz have their lower-lows... if the scenario above was the case (wave-iv), then the wave-v could be complete, but in any case, my stuph remained short, though it did snorkel for just a few minutes for the second time on this swing.

if we happen to close down on the day, it would be another outside-down bearish engulfing candle, and would also be considered a key reversal day. anyway, from the attached chart, you'll notice that the spx is coming into a potential support area, the pbma line on the price chart. if it convincingly breaks through that line, it would suggest that at least a ST CIT is in place.

--tsharp

Attached Thumbnails

• STMoSwing_01_03_05.gif