ST HyMo SAR @ 1172.50 ES

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:04 PM

my short-term momentum model just SARed to a BUY @ ES 1172.50, for +19.50 on the last signal. --tsharp will post chart later

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:11 PM

Hi ts, Do you use a stop loss in your model, and if so, wha level would you set on any long entry? Best to you.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 01:41 PM

Hi ts,

Do you use a stop loss in your model, and if so, wha level would you set on any long entry?

Best to you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi tightrope,

my philosophy is that IN the market is the place where money is to be made... so i've created a model that continually remains in the market through the use of SAR signals (stop and reverse)... therefore, the stop on this new BUY signal is the next SELL signal.

the signals never catch THE top or bottom of any given swing, though often pretty close, as it's momentum based, so when momentum says the trend has changed, the signal issues a SAR.

fwiw, drawdowns have been relatively mild so far, as memory serves me, less than 10 ES points intraday, and less than 5 ES points on a closing basis.

--tsharp

p.s. i don't take any given signal for granted... though i've come to get a feel for what may come of a new signal, but if the market doesn't follow-through, the model could issue a SAR as early as tomorrow... twt.

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:14 PM

Sounds really good TS, and great respect to you for using the model. I understand what you say no about long-short-long etc, and therefroe no need for stop, so I guess you always rely on the model to get you out of a stock if it goes against you? Could I follow the signals? If so, how often after the signal, do you post and the average holding period? All the best
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 tsharp

tsharp

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 05:27 PM

Sounds really good TS, and great respect to you for using the model.  I understand what you say no about long-short-long etc, and therefroe no need for stop, so I guess you always rely on the model to get you out of a stock if it goes against you?

Could I follow the signals? If so, how often after the signal, do you post and the average holding period?  All the best

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this model is not for individual issues (a stock), but only for the S&P 500 index, traded via the E-minis or the SP00s (big contract). i suggest that if i put this same model on individual issues, it would perform just fine, but i don't work with individual issues... there are just too many to attempt to follow at the same time throughout the trading day.

there isn't an average holding period to date. earlier, i thought it was about a minimum of at least a day and a half, but that was recently violated, so i just state that it's a buy signal or a sell signal, respectively, until a new SAR signal reverses the old signal.

as far as watching the signals, please do... that's why i've been posting them here. i was recently asked to post them in real-time, rather than the short delay that i was imposing, so for the time being, i will be posting these signals in real-time.

i'm also including the chart of my model at about the time the signal was given.

--tsharp

Posted Image