SPX - Pitchforks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EagleTrader

EagleTrader

• TT Member
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:25 AM

Look at the false breakdown in October and the first touch of the upward sloping outer boundary of the pitchfork. Now compare it to now in reverse...

If it breaks back below 1178 :unsure: :wacko: :rolleyes:

As far as the brick colour line is concerned, I am not sure why I had missed it altogether earlier.. Really stupid...

Posted Image

Edited by EagleTrader, 22 May 2005 - 03:29 AM.

#2 Chart Guru Doug

Chart Guru Doug

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:53 AM

When I draw my pitchfork the last two days are closing above the upper median line. :rolleyes:
I am not your registered investment advisor. This is not a recomendation to buy or sell. This is my opinion and that is all. I may be long or short any security and change my position at any given moment in time. Do your own due diligence before investing any of your own financial assets.

#3 EagleTrader

EagleTrader

• TT Member
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:58 AM

When I draw my pitchfork the last two days are closing above the upper median line. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm. Wonder why.. I'm using the high of Dec 30 as the starting point (Dec 31 & Jan 3 both had higher intra-day highs, but closed lower - I hope I got these dates right).. Also it is a log chart...

Also Oct low was a 61.8% retracement from Aug lows, 61.8% retracement from March 7 highs comes in at 1194ish.. similarities are eerie, but no juice as long as 1178 holds a pull back. TWT...

Edited by EagleTrader, 22 May 2005 - 09:01 AM.

#4 Chart Guru Doug

Chart Guru Doug

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:27 AM

I'm using the high of Dec 30 as the starting point

Oh, thats why, I was using 1/03 :unsure:
I am not your registered investment advisor. This is not a recomendation to buy or sell. This is my opinion and that is all. I may be long or short any security and change my position at any given moment in time. Do your own due diligence before investing any of your own financial assets.