2 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:29 PM

:)
I still see nothing that suggest you should add funds to gold stocks at this time. The death of the dollar would change that outlook. Later this year maybe.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Comments welcome, best to all B)
mss
:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 Not Too Swift

Not Too Swift

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:15 PM

As always, great charts. I am still amazed that gold has held up as well as it has in the face of the rise in the dollar. The dollar makes higher highs in one of Gary Smith's tight rising channels, and gold makes higher lows. My first guess as to why is that the Europeans are now printing money hand over fist too, along with us and the Japanese, and relative strength against those currencies may not harm gold as much as it would have a year or two ago. Like you, I would welcome hearing a lot of other opinions. (I am sure it is obvious, but I am talking about the metal, not the stocks).

Edited by Not Too Swift, 09 July 2005 - 05:16 PM.

I let the market tell me what to do. The trouble is she mumbles a lot, and I'm hard of hearing.

1576 ONO. Upside down, reverse, inside out, snort...

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for posting charts MSS. I've tightened stops on gold, but still waiting for a move one way or another. FF - it will go sideways for awhile ... only my 2 cents worth. Ready to run FAST if turns down. Best to you, C.C. :)