I'm adding mining/metals positions

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

I like the XAU 145/148 gap fill and the action in gold this morning. I like AEM, TRE, NXG, TGB, RTI and BGO.

#2 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:06 AM

sat through crash and long this am. had my scuba gear so OK today.

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:27 AM

hey john, where do you think we are in the count on xau/hui. looks like more consolidation/correction! nothing violated so far dharma

#4 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 11:30 AM

We're getting the "double-bottom" test --- XAU/HUI must hold levels RIGHT HERE, or else ...
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#5 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:08 PM

or else.... Janvin did you close those positions out? We 'should' bounce here for a day or two at least, and finally i am seeing some capitulation but not enough to make me step in

#6 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:10 PM

XAU lost key support @ 144-145. Next stop may be the gapfill @ XAU 138-139. Out of new am positions. Waiting for 5-8% lower prices.
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#7 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:29 PM

We are probing for a short term bottom here with divergences set up on 1-min through hourlies. To put in more than 5 down days on a big decline like this would be very unusual. We are due to bounce. I bought the close for the second day in a row having to close positions taken yesterday (for losses) only to buy today's finish. The only problem is today's candle looks ugly. Gap fill at 139-140? cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#8 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:44 PM

Man I am glad to hear from you. I am underwater and out of air. I got way to enthusiastic with the ski stuff and stopped thinking for myself. Now hoping to break even or close. I do not know how much of a bounce we can have but this has been brutal for the smaller miners like TGB. So it is really good to hear your input. Thanks-Swan.

#9 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

I'm buying slowly, one position at a time. A gap fill at 139/140 seems likely. I'm hanging with what I've got and buying more. Note that a few of the metals did not put in lower lows: BGO and TIE, for example.

#10 Trend-Shifter

Trend-Shifter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:32 AM

$675.00 is still the magic number. Came down close and turned around.
Only in geometry can a line go into infinity.