sure is quiet around here!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

not a peep on this board, and yet the metals and shares keep on truckin. the 23rd was the bradley turn and it was up. i am looking for about 2weeks or so of upside trend here. not looking for new highs, but looking past the 151 xau dharma

#2 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

Hi dharma, I'm long GLD and XGD.TO from Monday (1/2 position). I'll add the rest late next week. I'm too busy with "summer" right now and will be away for a few days. The charts and commentary will have to wait. Call it the summer doldrums. I think the low is already in Monday for this pullback. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#3 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 02:59 PM

hi john, yes, i make sure to spend time in my garden every day! not sure if this is c of b then down for C. any ideas will be appreciated! dharma

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 03:14 PM

dharma, Expect another low some time next week. It could be a higher low than Monday, then maybe not. I'm buying the remainder of my planned position one way or another. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#5 anjing bau

anjing bau

• Traders-Talk User
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 06:51 PM

TLM.to looks to have made a bottom here, great company cheap compared to its peers trading at less than 4 times CF, host of exciting properties.... looking for this to get taken out. NG was taken out too cheaply here.... I can't see anyone else coming in for it with ABX owning 30% and having back in rights to 70%. Another shrewd Barrick move, NG is cashed up 200 Million in the kitty. Rick V must have saw this coming when Placer got taken out, Barrick is being opportunistic here with POG off its highs and NG well off its highs. Dharma keep an eye on Gam.to and YRI.to, gammon should get bought out by somebody in much the same manner as Canico CNI.to got taken out. YRI.to should continue to grow its production organically and through aquisition. Some of the specs I follow are beginning to show signs of a bottom, a bit early to buy but watching closely. Gas stocks coming to life...some guy posted an article here the other week calling for 3-4 dollar NG, I took that as my cue that a bottom was near at hand. PSL.to and CYS.to to name a couple

Edited by anjing bau, 26 July 2006 - 06:52 PM.

#6 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:54 PM

Muy beautiful trading past few days. HUI dips to 200-day mvg avg then reverses rapido norte back above 50-day mvg avg. Looks to Senor like a TRES WAVE higher is ready to go. Pure BS Senor

#7 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 07:45 AM

Senor, It looks like we get a ST top today and we should pullback again into next week. I won't be trading my initial position but will look to add next week. My primary focus into Sept. and beyond is a long GLD trade. There should be another test of the low in late Oct. per the Hurst cycles I follow as well as Gann (a 113 trading day cycle). Also astro agrees with a Sept. top and pullback. But then new highs into next year. cheers, john

#8 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

anjing bau, your ability to dig out gems is very impressive! thanksyes, i love gammon also. bummed about ng, great company. senor, do you think this is c of b or is it an impulse?! thanks dharma

#9 scott in Wisconsin

scott in Wisconsin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:30 PM

Muy beautiful trading past few days. HUI dips to 200-day mvg avg then reverses rapido norte back above 50-day mvg avg. Looks to Senor like a TRES WAVE higher is ready to go.

Pure BS

Senor

Senor

CEF is still below what you paid for it last Friday:

Jul 20 2006, 09:35 AM Post #1
Looks like a norte move higher is underway and Senor bought some CEF this morning at 8.90.
PURE BS
Senor

Where exactly is the Beauty?

I suppose if one predicts "wave three up" often enough, one will eventually be right . . .

Scott

#10 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 12:53 PM

Where exactly is the Beauty?

I suppose if one predicts "wave three up" often enough, one will eventually be right . . .

Scott

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Scott.

I have found that its best to pay attention to one's own trading positions than those of others.

Not that you seem to post yours (if any) ... <_<
"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"