Where's Oil Going?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:44 AM

Here's my look at Oil. I posted this at another site today.

I thought I would post a few charts this morning to support my thinking that oil is bottoming. I'm looking for a retest of highs for oil into mid-winter (low 70s)?. I'm not entirely sure what NG is up to. The monthly chart is the only question mark. If I'm wrong, then oil corrects further to the mid-low 50s.

Oil is sitting on what should be major support. But the technical indicators are not signalling a buy yet. We only have what looks like positive divergence with price ie. indicators are firming up while price continues to drop. This indicates the downtrend is weakening and should be near an end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

On a weekly, you can see where support should lie. I'm looking for at least a bounce into mid-winter, but then we may just consolidate from there. Hard to say. If you are convinced of +$100 oil, then you have to start looking at buying around here.

Posted Image

More charts with some longer views.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The monthly chart suggests consolidation into next year or lower proces before a final bottom for oil.

Posted Image

And a reminder here on Frank Barbera's take (a very good TA guy IMO).

http://www.financial.../2006/1012.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

I assume some kind of reaction is coming post US Elections.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain