Yen; A request for forcasts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 01:17 AM

You ever trade something that you always loose at but still keep going back to the same trade; If you have not ( and I suspect a great many people have not; esp the experienced traders on this board) it's annoying. Not sure why I'm always bias in the wrong direction on the Yen; Smallest divergence leads me to the conclusion the carry trade is over (and why would it end...). Anyway.. If you have some experience w/ trading the yen for a multi day swing trades please provide some help here to a frustrated trader:0. (ie. tips on indicators; current analysis; pointers to strats...). -thx. and to all here have a happy new year.

#2 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 03:57 AM

You ever trade something that you always loose at but still keep going back to the same trade; If you have not ( and I suspect a great many people have not; esp the experienced traders on this board) it's annoying.

Not sure why I'm always bias in the wrong direction on the Yen; Smallest divergence leads me to the
conclusion the carry trade is over (and why would it end...).

Anyway.. If you have some experience w/ trading the yen for a multi day swing trades please provide some help here to a frustrated trader:0. (ie. tips on indicators; current analysis; pointers to strats...).

-thx.
and to all here have a happy new year.

usdjpy.. jyh07.. any cross.. -lost $ in most.

#3 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 12:17 PM

You ever trade something that you always loose at but still keep going back to the same trade

Why?......Why keep on trading that Yen?.....There are orther fish in the sea....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#4 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 03:42 AM

You ever trade something that you always loose at but still keep going back to the same trade

Why?......Why keep on trading that Yen?.....There are orther fish in the sea....

Revenge.

#5 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:40 AM

jjc, Careful dude, an 'unregulated' forex market(s) means 'they' can do what the hell 'they' like(with NO! come back) I personally wouldn't touch "multi-day" time horizon with any currency...(but then,tis each to their own i guess) Try lengthen your time horizon to at least weeks,imvho..(you might fair better)......Well it works for me anyway. No offence,just advice that's all. Regards & Happy New Year...V

#6 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:08 AM

jjc,

You might find this article of interest, "How much longer for the Yen slide?"

Best,

Tom