• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

Hi dougie,

sure seems corrective up to me still with moen more trip down, but i am officailly agnostic

agnostic on gold, eh? :D

I picked up some CEF, GLD and SLV. I figure I am going to have to start accumulating as everything looks to be in triangles to finish this final move down. No telling if there will be lower lows. But with each passing day, I'd say you can buy the sector with growing confidence. It should prove to be a good trade into March. We'll see.

cheers,

john

Edited by SilentOne, 17 January 2007 - 02:09 PM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#12 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

hi john, i agree w/you! trying to call all the wiggles is tough. this down wave appears to either be finished or a lower low is still not out of the question. although, i feel everyone is waiting for a lower low. still think we push 800 this year. dharma

#13 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

I picked up some CEF, GLD and SLV. I figure I am going to have to start accumulating as everything looks to be in triangles to finish this final move down. No telling if there will be lower lows. But with each passing day, I'd say you can buy the sector with growing confidence. It should prove to be a good trade into March. We'll see.

cheers,

john

Hi john

Looks like I am tagging along with you and dharma. :ninja: Bought GDX, DBC, and a small position in a Canroy today, CNE. My idea is that oil and natl gas will be going higher soon, if they have not started already, and that "should" be good for the Canroys. If oil/gas starts looking higher soon I'll add to my CNE or buy some PVX, PWI.

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#14 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

dharma, I am only partially long intended gold/silver trading positions. Monday Jan. 22nd should be a key astro date and one to watch. I'll add more Friday and Monday. I intend to buy primarily the metals over the shares and will trade out during March. cheers, john

Edited by SilentOne, 17 January 2007 - 03:28 PM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#15 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

Silent: why the metals this round? Also, an important PEI turn is coming up in late Feb. those have marked gold tops with some accuracy over the years

#16 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:17 PM

Hi dougie,

Silent: why the metals this round?
Also, an important PEI turn is coming up in late Feb. those have marked gold tops with some accuracy over the years

I think in the next PM rally, the HUI will fail to breakout to new highs above 400. In fact I am dead certain. However, the metals could always make a run for the highs. Thus on a percentage, I would rather bet on the metals to capture this next move then say GDX or inidividual stocks. I still like my stable of juniors, but the large position will be in the metals.

As for tops, I have mid-March, and that could come early or late. No clue. You'd want to be selling that though. :huh:

cheers,

john

#17 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:28 PM

yes, thats why i have 22as the end of this turn. i too will be buying friday/monday. dharma

#18 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:41 PM

XAU/pnf target

http://stockcharts.c...;XAU,PLAADANRBO[PA][D][F1!3!1.0!!2!20]&pref=G
vitaminm

#19 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:33 AM

XAU/pnf target

http://stockcharts.c...;XAU,PLAADANRBO[PA][D][F1!3!1.0!!2!20]&pref=G

;) It all depends......... XAU/pnf target

http://stockcharts.c...?...;20]&pref=G
Peace
johngeorge

#20 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:24 AM

@this point i am not looking @ price targets, more @time. the 21st is the all time high for gold(1980) and the 22nd is a powerful astro date, as silent one points out. so, i will step up friday/monday dharma