waiting

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:29 AM

i am not adding yet, today is the astro date and anniversary date of the gold forever high(1/21/80). BUTT, no clear indication so i am waiting. dharma

#2 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

I want to add to my gold shares but right now the 60 minute chart looks to be peaking, would prefer to buy on a trough. Daily looks ok to buy.
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

I want to add to my gold shares but right now the 60 minute chart looks to be peaking, would prefer to buy on a trough. Daily looks ok to buy.

Looking to buy DBS today, but so far, no one seems to think I am bidding enough. :(

GSG showing buy on dailies. Almost there on the monthly. :ninja:
Peace
johngeorge

#4 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:43 PM

It's probably smart to wait, but my plan is buy a little bit each day on the belief that we are at or near a low for the sector and that it's impossible to pick the exact day. I'm about 25% into my trading plan on this so far.

#5 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

It's probably smart to wait, but my plan is buy a little bit each day on the belief that we are at or near a low for the sector and that it's impossible to pick the exact day.

I'm about 25% into my trading plan on this so far.

Lack of patience is me so I am done buying precious metals and PM stocks for this run. Am now looking with interest at Canroys and basic commodities. I now own CNE and DBC. DBA looks to me like it could be a buy in here as it appears to have found some suppost ~ @ 25.70 - 25.80

Best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#6 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:32 PM

Historically, weak season in precious metals starts in late January if I remember correctly. Maybe this will coincide with Ord's thinking we will go down soon, maybe not. ---Out

#7 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

the gold stocks lagging the metal is a telling sign. and has been for the last week or so. the upper/lower pivots were not violated. so, i think the wave will finish with this downmove to the lows being @ least tested. using the hourlies to pin point the low believe we are in 3 of this final wave down. no projections. waiting for wave 5 which should create divergences. i will try and post when/if that occurs. the astro seems to have worked well for the broads. the affects will be seen 9-12 days after its occurance. meaning the low should occur by then. dharma

#8 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:20 PM

OH NO: even dharma awaits 5 down! <;

#9 mdwllc

mdwllc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:55 PM

You may be right; but it's going to happen soon. This Friday will be a major currency reversal day, so I expect weakness in the USD. Mike :wacko:
Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way...

Be Sure to Perform Your Own Due Diligence

#10 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

Mike,

You may be right; but it's going to happen soon. This Friday will be a major currency reversal day, so I expect weakness in the USD. Mike

I dumped my metal positions (SLV, GLD) this morning. I'm not comfortable holding here as we enter resistance levels for gold and silver.

cheers,

john

Edited by SilentOne, 23 January 2007 - 10:52 AM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain