IBD---The Big Picture

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:17 AM

Although only 2 distribution days for S&P500 & Nasdaq IBD called the rally over and the market in a correction after yesterdays drop. This morning sold all 3000 shares of my QQQQ's at $43.74. +15.07% profit since my buy on 8/16/06 at $37.95. In addition collected $163.50 in dividends. This morning sold all 900 shares of my SPY's at $140.84. +8.35% profit since my buy on 09/13/06 at 131.70. In addition collected $1237.93 in dividends. So for now the rally is over. Will wait for Day 1 of next rally attempt. Then wait until the confirmation day of the new rally to re-enter. So this compleats my posting of all of my real time trades in my trading account since April, 2003. Will continue to follow signals, but not post trades in real time. I realize the results of this system of trading are a red flag to the active traders here. Think I know why, but will let sleeping dogs alone. Good luck everyone, and may all your trades be profitable ones.

Edited by tuffy88, 28 February 2007 - 11:18 AM.

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:22 AM

thank you, Charles, for your regular updates over time. peace and best regards ...

#3 tradertalkmick

tradertalkmick

• Traders-Talk User
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:29 AM

Well done and Thanks for posting Tuffy. Hope you will continue to post you next market entry.

#4 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:31 AM

Although only 2 distribution days for S&P500 & Nasdaq IBD called the rally over and the market in a correction after yesterdays drop.

This morning sold all 3000 shares of my QQQQ's at $43.74. +15.07% profit since my buy on 8/16/06 at $37.95. In addition collected $163.50 in dividends.

This morning sold all 900 shares of my SPY's at $140.84. +8.35% profit since my buy on 09/13/06 at 131.70. In addition collected $1237.93 in dividends.

So for now the rally is over. Will wait for Day 1 of next rally attempt. Then wait until the confirmation day of the new rally to re-enter. So this compleats my posting of all of my real time trades in my trading account since April, 2003. Will continue to follow signals, but not post trades in real time. I realize the results of this system of trading are a red flag to the active traders here. Think I know why, but will let sleeping dogs alone.

Good luck everyone, and may all your trades be profitable ones.

Congratulations on your very profitable and stress free trades. It seems that you're saying you won't continue to post your entries and exits. I have no idea why or how your system may be a "red flag" to active traders, but I think it will be a loss to the message board. Thanks for your contributions.

#5 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:38 AM

Thanks for the update Charles.
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#6 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

Charles, much thanks for your update. If you no longer want to post your trades on the board, I wish that you would consider opening a blog at TT to post them. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I always enjoy watching your trading. Esther
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#7 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Charles, much thanks for your update. If you no longer want to post your trades on the board, I wish that you would consider opening a blog at TT to post them. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I always enjoy watching your trading. Esther
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#8 outsider

outsider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 562 posts

Charles, I was hoping to hear what your actions would be, THANKS!!!

From Claire:

Congratulations on your very profitable and stress free trades. It seems that you're saying you won't continue to post your entries and exits. I have no idea why or how your system may be a "red flag" to active traders, but I think it will be a loss to the message board. Thanks for your contributions.

Please continue to post for those of us that have the major portion of assets in for the long haul. My guess as to what is meant by "red flag" is that this is primarily a very short almost daytrade type forum. I have followed many of the short termers, and subscribed to several of the top rated short termers. For all the energy, graphs, speculations and adrenaline induced churning, I haven't found any that can beat your record, Charles. Remember that you can't count your success until you cash in and STOP PLAYING the game in any case. Any genius shourt term predictions that have been on the mark are just as likely to be reversed sometime in the future if you keep playing long enough... No offense to anyone, FWIW category.

---Out

#9 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:13 PM

Charles, TT is just like a job place.....You will find people that you like and dislike.....I think you have more freinds than foes.....Keep on posting real time.....If they don't like it .....Tuff....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#10 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for the good wishes to all who have posted here, but I just don't think this is the place for me. The results of a "bagholder's' trading are more than some frenetic traders here can stand. I would like to see the proven results of their trading since last August though. They have seen mine. They have seen mine since April, 2003. But that is what makes them so angry I think. Any one who wants to follow the method I use only has to subscribe to IBD. Only $298.00 a year. And I do not have anything to gain or lose if anyone does subscribe. But best wishes to all. Charles

Edited by tuffy88, 28 February 2007 - 12:51 PM.