• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:05 PM

cheif, please tell me i'm not hallucinating, seeing those 1,2,1,2's again and a lot of short trade posts also, could be a deadly combination.
*previously known as pnfwave

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

They shot it, they electrocuted it, it fell 30ft, yet the bear still survived...

#3 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:16 PM

I am still looking for a trader who uses sentiment and has a good track record. After about 10 years, I have not found one. But Da-Chief will agree with you simply because your post is bullish. I beleive there will be better prices to buy this market in a future. Denleo

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:26 PM

cheif, please tell me i'm not hallucinating, seeing those 1,2,1,2's again
and a lot of short trade posts also, could be a deadly combination.

ur absolutely correct.....still long from 1383......in real time.....CLX students will notice that the CLX actually starting turnin up on the 5th, the day of the low......and went positive on WWW and has been expanding ever since.......CLX students will also notice that the 10 and 30 day ma.s of the clx are coming out of benchmark oversold territory.......sentiment is in super shape.....and the greatest risk is bein short and or off the long side........its july all over again but this one should take the sp to and thru the 1473 level...those who profess to be technical traders and are bearish are ignoring the simple tools of 5 and 12 day rsi.s and of course those who continue to fight the tape are of course perma tape fighters and will be with us for a long time....longer than they have been with us for the last 5000 pts..looking for reasons to be bearish is easy....anyone can doit......looking for reasons to be bullish has allways been for the minority and is part and parcel of the idea that the majority allways lose.........so it is written and so it shall be..... ;)

#5 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:34 PM

ur absolutely correct.....still long from 1383......in real time.....CLX students will notice that the CLX actually starting turnin up on the 5th, the day of the low......and went positive on WWW and has been expanding ever since.......CLX students will also notice that the 10 and 30 day ma.s of the clx are coming out of benchmark oversold territory.......sentiment is in super shape.....and the greatest risk is bein short and or off the long side........its july all over again but this one should take the sp to and thru the 1473 level...those who profess to be technical traders and are bearish are ignoring the simple tools of 5 and 12 day rsi.s and of course those who continue to fight the tape are of course perma tape fighters and will be with us for a long time....longer than they have been with us for the last 5000 pts..looking for reasons to be bearish is easy....anyone can doit......looking for reasons to be bullish has allways been for the minority and is part and parcel of the idea that the majority allways lose.........so it is written and so it shall be..... ;)

thnks Chief :)

My "uniformed mind" is finally starting to see the light. :D

#6 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:46 PM

IMVHO...the chances of having seen the low for this move are below 10%. Spoken like a true weather man.

#7 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

8 yr cycle bullish presidential cycle bullish decennial cycle bullish inflation fear --correction ended in July 2006 inflation - defeated recession fear - universal recession probability - negligible SOX up for the year 2007 UTES up for the year 2007 TRAN up for the year 2007 IMO we need one more 200 pt down day; maybe for an inverse head and shoulders.
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#8 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

IMVHO...the chances of having seen the low for this move are below 10%. Spoken like a true weather man.

I hear ya, Tman, but all i see are "ABC down", "new lows", "retest" discussions, how is the mkt gonna
accomodate all these traders/investors, if i was reading about crash gap fills and new highs, i would be scared sh*tless holding long positions overnight and anyone who does say new highs are coming is labelled a
moron, i just can't be party to that, there is only one free lunch on wall street and that is that the herd is always wrong.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

I am still looking for a trader who uses sentiment and has a good track record. After about 10 years, I have not found one.

But Da-Chief will agree with you simply because your post is bullish.

I beleive there will be better prices to buy this market in a future.

Denleo

Define "good" Dennis.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#10 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

Sharpe Ratio of 1.5 or higher for at least 3 years in a row. Largest peak to valley drawdown below 10%. Actually Mark, you are the only trader I know who knows how to use sentiment to an advantage. Other people see several similar opinions and think they have figured it out and immediately start looking the other way. It is a psychological problem: desire to make money is substituted with desire to be different. Noble, but not applicable to markets. Denleo