Nice Park Job

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

As much as recent structure shows prices should challenge old highs the players did what they could to keep things less volatile today while there was plenty in the news to worry about. I was surprised that they even let the NDX slip slightly into the close. Wondering if that the big better in Rydex used the Exit Low Volatile Friday Plan once again to reload the sideline money for any big move lower next Monday or Tuesday. Hopefully I can get the Net Moves before Monday morning, but there are no promises as it seems when the numbers may mean the most they are delayed. Is that just another funny quirk in these markets? Well who knows. Ya-all have a nice week-end! ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 23 March 2007 - 03:06 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

Dev, I'll send them over to you tomorrow, if you drop me an e. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

Dev, I'll send them over to you tomorrow, if you drop me an e.

Mark

Very Much appreciated M,

tia
have a good week-end! ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#4 bullshort

bullshort

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

Hopefully I can get the Net Moves before Monday morning, but there are no promises as it seems when the numbers may mean the most they are delayed. Is that just another funny quirk in these markets? Well who knows.

Dev, are you refering to the summary Carl Swenlin puts out on DecisionPoint? Specifically at this URL?

http://www.decisionp...ydexassets.html

Carl states on his website that "the normal update time is about 4:30 AM ET the morning after the close, but it can be as late as the next busniess day." Are you aware that the delay is not on the part of Rydex? For example, they sent the data out this morning around the normal time (the date stamp on my email was 3:10 AM PT). And you are aware that Rydex will email the data directly to you? It's just not summarized as nicely as Carl shows it. On the other hand, who would want to be crunching those numbers every morning at 4:30? :P

Carl gets the same email the rest of us do (at least that's what he told me when I asked a year or so ago). And it is possible for him to make an error in posting the data to his website (there has been at least one occassion I'm aware of). That's why he posts the caveat that reads, "We make every effort to insure the accuracy of this information, but we cannot guarantee it. It is always possible that errors will creep in. If it doesn't make sense let us know about it." I'm not trying to criticize Carl - he does an excellent job of accumulating data - but just thought the above info might be useful.

Bullshort

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

Dev, are you refering to the summary Carl Swenlin puts out on DecisionPoint? Specifically at this URL?

Bullshort

Thanks bullshort,

I am aware of data access, but I didn't know what time they sent it out to you, and yes I'm aware we can get the numbers direct.

I've used Carl's numbers for years, and have also seen a

mis-tic or two,.. so I guess it's time I should have them send me back up.

It's usually Not that big of a deal, ..but sometimes when it is, ..as "M" knows,.. it can be a really helpful or..a big deal.

thanks for your help ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 23 March 2007 - 07:09 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,027 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

Looks like it's up, Dev. If you still need the raw data, I can send it over, though. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:13 PM

OK, the large NDX Dynamic inflow from a Wed was taken out of play Friday on the close. What will be the result? Thanks in advance. :redbull: or :bear:

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:07 PM

OK, the large NDX Dynamic inflow from a Wed was taken out of play Friday on the close. What will be the result? Thanks in advance. :redbull: or :bear:

Looks like it's up, Dev. If you still need the raw data, I can send it over, though.

Hey thanks so much M got it.

Well Darris,
It's so interesting to me to see that scratch leave without affecting the market especially on lower volume

days but when it's a Friday that's just the way its worked.

I'm sure that some here know that our markets just move a certain way on certain days (meaning under

certain conditions)
almost regardless of the players actions. Options expirations is a pretty good

example. That all aside as I've suspected this money would sneak out Friday and that we should Start OFF Monday

with a move to the downside. Any Gap Up would be a wonderful SHORT OPP. that I encourage anyone

day-trading to take. If we then get the down move expected we just have to remember that it may not last forever

because "that sideline reserve" has been re-loaded and can provided the necessary support at anytime.

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 24 March 2007 - 11:10 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#9 bullshort

bullshort

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:20 PM

I'm not at all sure I would conclude that the smart money always plays the Dynamic funds. By far, the Rydex OTC Dynamic funds, which mimic the Naz 100 (both bull and bear) saw substantially all the movement in Rydex funds last week. But note how $111 million moved out of the bull fund on the 20th and $67 million moved into the bear fund while the Naz experienced a 39 point rally the next day. Then we saw the opposite movement on the 21st, but the Naz has only declined. These figures are as of the close on the day shown (the numbers for the Naz represent the change the next day):

Date_______3/16__ 3/19__ 3/20__ 3/21__ 3/22__ 3/23

Dyn OTC___ -3.3_ +108.5_ -111.4_ +163.1_ -11.3_ -142.3

InvDynOTC__-83.0__+12.4__+66.8__-68.5___-0.2___-1.9

Naz 100 _________+16.00_ +9.02__+39.10__-6.60__-5.71

I don't think the $111 million was moving from the sidelines because the money market fund barely changed that day. It did drop substantially, however, on the 21st, then increased by $114 million on Friday along with the big $142 million move out of the Dynamic fund. I'm just wondering which is the dumb money and which the smart based on last weeks action.

#10 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:57 AM

I don't think the $111 million was moving from the sidelines because the money market fund barely changed that day.

Nice job, you notice some funny money movent.

I made mention of this back when I said something like.."in from thin air."

.. .. ..
Mr Dev