Posted 01 April 2007 - 03:57 AM

Hank...What do you think? :D

Posted Image

#2 Randy

Randy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:51 AM

Hank I believe we are aleady a full week from your initial call for a steep drop below recent Mar07 lows, yet you still predict the same. Therefore, the time proportion must be even more flexible in your analysis than I was thinking. I am interested in your response to Blizzard's possiblity and how you know when a fractal is invalidated largely because I think there is little chance of your steep drop beginning this week apart from an external event because of current sentiment as measured by P/C, COT, etc. TIA r

#3 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

This fractal was pointed out during the week as a caveat due to seasonal trends -- the holiday arriving.

However viewing the the other indices paint a different story as the F7 beginning on Friday.

One can view the SPX as failing also on Friday -- and hence labeling it as the F7 Top for the index.

Failures are easy to find within the Fractal <<<<< when they happen you go the other way <<<

Monday will certainly offer the path to the unlikely rally to F7 or the break down.

The markets are at a very critcal point and or turn ..................... this week !

Since everyone is expecting the holiday rally, I'm going to the short side ..........

In the event the SPX does rally to a new F7 it would really nail the coffin ..... as the 66 fractal remains solid.

The time element is important with respect to the dimension of the fractal .... so it is very important.

The point set and dimension of the generator fractal ( to the left of your chart ) MUST Match .........

This Monday should be quite interesting .................... either way you have a good idea of which way to go.

Nice work

Hank

Posted Image

#4 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

You always have to be prepared for the Unexpected <<<<<<<<<

Hank

Hank
I believe we are aleady a full week from your initial call for a steep drop below recent Mar07 lows, yet you still predict the same. Therefore, the time proportion must be even more flexible in your analysis than I was thinking. I am interested in your response to Blizzard's possiblity and how you know when a fractal is invalidated largely because I think there is little chance of your steep drop beginning this week apart from an external event because of current sentiment as measured by P/C, COT, etc.
TIA
r

#5 Randy

Randy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:07 AM

Hank Facinating; thanks for clarifying your current outlook. However, I would disagree with your assessment below since IMHO, P/C configurations indicate otherwise in the very short-term: "Since everyone is expecting the holiday rally, I'm going to the short side .........". r

#6 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:43 AM

We'll find out on Monday Sir

Hank

Facinating; thanks for clarifying your current outlook. However, I would disagree with your assessment below since IMHO, P/C configurations indicate otherwise in the very short-term:

"Since everyone is expecting the holiday rally, I'm going to the short side .........".

r

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:59 AM

Blizzard: Your chart shows spx going higher than it has been which means closing the break-away gap made at the start of this sell-off, it is unlikely to do that as that would end the bearish move, according to standard tech. analysis theory if a break-away gap is closed the move becomes invalidated.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#8 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:01 AM

I am very skeptikal of any short term rally...but here's how the NDX fractal should appear

Posted Image

Edited by .Blizzard, 01 April 2007 - 11:10 AM.

#9 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

All you need is a picture and no TA

Hank

I am very skeptikal of any short term rally...but here's how the NDX fractal should appear

Posted Image

#10 .Blizzard

.Blizzard

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

[quote name='Frac_Man' date='Apr 1 2007, 12:15 PM' post='280323']
All you need is a picture and no TA

Hank

[/quote]
[/quote]

Hank, what's wrong with this picture? I am here to learn ;)