• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

http://www.traders-t...showtopic=60748

That was October 10, 2006 -- it'll be a half year tomorrow. Uranium oxide has gone from $55.75 to $113.

If any of you have a mind to ride such a thing, it's not over. Many of the stocks are now just breaking out or have yet to do so.

My main basket (and more than half my net worth): AXU.TO, AZM.V, DML.TO, EMU, FRG, FSY.TO, JNN.V, LAM.TO, MGA.TO, PDN.TO, SAN.V, STM.V, SXR.TO, U.TO, UEX.TO, your.TO, UUU.V = average gain of 176.4% since last October 10.

Some are just powering ahead, some are just about back to equaling their February highs, and some have yet to get back that high. Weekly charts are looking good.

MSS kindly inquired about PNP.TO -- Pinetree Capital Corp., and the only reason I didn't put it in the basket was stupidity and carelessness. It's a great company with great prospects and the chart's a winner.

:: pound :: pound :: pound ::

Best,

Doug

#2 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:41 PM

:banana: :banana: :clap: :clap: :clap: :banana: :banana: great call Doug, and nice reward! i dont mean just :guru: status;) karen
best,
klh

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

Thank you, Doug. Wonderful stuff. Nobody pounds the table quite like you do! :D B) My best to you.
Peace
johngeorge

#4 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:01 PM

I must say, you have been right-on! You were making the call well before the trade got popular. If you could only own 3 - what would they be?

#5 Curt

Curt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:04 PM

Hi Doug, I completely agree with your U picks. I've swing traded frg and am in the calls. I've watched in amazement URZ. That co is just dirt and a bunch of holes, but it's going crazy. I've resisted the greed mania. Do you have any DD/thoughts? Good luck, curt

#6 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

LOL, Curt. Good to remember Mark Twain: "A mine is a hole in the ground with a liar on top."

#7 The End

The End

• Traders-Talk User
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

I wish you would stop pounding the table. I have been long Uranium for almost two years and am getting quite dismayed at all the chatter about it. Shhh... :rolleyes:
NONE of what I type should be taken as financial advice.

#8 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

I think there's more room before another IT correction--great job Doug. FWIW I think we have several more years before miners catch up with current demand and stop the price rise. That's assuming demand doesn't accelerate. Uranium can go A LOT higher before it's equal to oil in terms of $ per BTU. the fission of 1 pound of uranium releases more energy than the burning of 3 million pounds (1,500 tons) of coal FWIW I believe coal is going for over $40 per ton.

#9 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

Doug, Great call and awesome pounding ... I even got a bullish sensation from it. A lot of developing economies are searching for inexpensive energy, I believe nuclear energy will be widely used in the next decade.

#10 J.Bilkins

J.Bilkins

• Traders-Talk User
  • 373 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

The chart kinda looks like JDSU in 1999. Anyone ever seen something go up so much and so quick and not have a massive retrace? Just curious. Missed the boat. Wouldn't short a bull ever but geez.....quite simply amazing...