Photo

if volume follows price and that the fitictious 'da boyz' supposedly short on sharply rising prices

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

if volume follows price and that the fitictious 'da boyz' supposedly short on sharply rising prices as DW says, then how did the volume keep dropping esp during the slow (not rapid) jul-sep2000 run up..even the last 2 days of that run up had low volume even on the sep 1 2000 train is leaving the station type run up? all bunk..no one knows

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:50 AM

then how did the volume keep dropping esp during the slow (not rapid) jul-sep2000 run up..even the last 2 days of that run up had low volume even on the sep 1 2000 train is leaving the station type run up?

Because it was a bear market rally.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:53 AM

then how did the volume keep dropping esp during the slow (not rapid) jul-sep2000 run up..even the last 2 days of that run up had low volume even on the sep 1 2000 train is leaving the station type run up?

Fib

then why are folks stating stuff as if it works all the time

even breadth can be bunk..see my post in one the earlier threads..see 1994 a/d made new low price did not

Fib

really? some folks say there was a stealth bull even in the 2000-2002 drop they cite how money rotated into value..names like KSS became new momentum favorites etc and that the drop was confined mostly to junk techs

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

and how come u stalk me and give me ******** all the time.......take a hike.....i know u like a book....been a fulla ******** bear for years....allways questions but no answers........and no respect for somebody that has more experience in his little finger then u got in ur hole hed.....geeziz

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:44 AM

even breadth can be bunk..see my post in one the earlier threads..see 1994 a/d made new low price did not

Yes, but the NYUD line did not work to lower levels providing trend divergence in preparation for the turn in trend.

really? some folks say there was a stealth bull even in the 2000-2002 drop they cite how money rotated into value..names like KSS became new momentum favorites etc and that the drop was confined mostly to junk techs

Bull markets and bear markets are very different animals and can not be analyzed the same way.

I have presented more than my share of evidence of how these differences are to be applied for many years now both here and elsewhere. I can only show you these same proofs and differences but I can't make you see them. That is up to you and your personal work ethic.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#6 n83

n83

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:33 PM

well if NYUD is now also the indicator and not NYAD alone

explain this

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NYA...id=p20847568620

and this

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$NYu...id=p20847568620

no warning whatsover on any of the corrections esp from NYUD

am not asking you to make me/anyone else see something you might

neither am i doing that

thanks sincerely for being civil

good luck all..everyone bull and bear needs it

Edited by n83, 14 April 2007 - 12:36 PM.

#7 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

N83, I nominate you as the board expert on ALL that does not work. Amazing that Fib as been correctly bullish since the August bottom and called the 2003 bottom with all these ridiculous tools that just do not work. He must be fooling us and have some other secret method that really works that he just won't share. ;) And as I keep saying. Everyone will just love Da Cheif at the actual top at which point he will reverse.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#8 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

no warning whatsover on any of the corrections esp from NYUD

There's a big difference between corrections against a major trend and that of turns in broader based trends in general.

The A/D lines of both breadth and volume are longer term money flow indicators of the market dynamics that directly effect the direction of price. When they move in unison in one direction, you have a solid price trend in this same direction. If one is moving one way and the other is not confirming, you are either consolidating, the price pattern will become sluggish (the NASDAQ), or you're about to move in a new direction all depending on the conditions that drive money flow at any given point in time. Bear markets have different rules when using these tools than that of bull markets. It's just the way things are.

am not asking you to make me/anyone else see something you might

Isn't that the main objective of reading newsletters and/or message boards - to discover something that you may not be seeing that would make you a better trader?? And then, does every analytical tool work for you the same way it may for someone else? If not, isn't better to either ask questions to provide better clarity than to debunk something in which you may not have the niche to understand its usage? I've personally have worked with just about every single indicator out there over my tenure in this business, some have worked, some haven't, but I have given all of them at least 2 years of every day practice before I've made my decision of whether it's right for me or not. After all, the tool was created for a purpose by the creator - it's our job as analysts to determine if it's worth the paper the mathematical formula was written on or not.

thanks sincerely for being civil

I always try to be civil because I know that one day you and I will be on the same side of things and I will then become your best friend. :) But at the same time, it won't be because I agree with you or anyone else's assessment of things, but it will be because the market tells me to be positioned accordingly.

Fib

#9 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:02 PM

then why are folks stating stuff as if it works all the time ....

Trading is based on probabilities. If you seek certainty, try religion.

Edited by beta, 14 April 2007 - 02:03 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#10 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:29 PM

if volume follows price

Actually according to the volume gurus like Lebovit, volume leads price.