NDX FILLS GAP

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 09:56 AM

Well that's close enough for me. Taking on a 2-4 day short positions. Trade well ;)

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 89S10

89S10

• TT Member+
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:06 AM

What else besides filling the NDX gap leads to your decision? It seems arbitrary, but it is obviously better to sell now versus a week ago.

#3 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:07 AM

Well that's close enough for me. Taking on a 2-4 day short positions.

Trade well ;)

Gap closed?
I see more, a nice gap up forming a huge island reversal!
Scaring the hell out of every bear, and that's why the Monday gap up today won't be a fake!
Trade carefully
Spesi FF

#4 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

Well that's close enough for me. Taking on a 2-4 day short positions.

Trade well ;)

Gap closed?
Scaring the hell out of every bear, and that's why the Monday gap up today won't be a fake!
Trade carefully

wonder how qid is doing. this is likely scaring him. hope he didn't have too much riding on trade.
OTIS.

#5 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

To bad the Island gap up on the NDX/NAZ/QQQQs had to occur during the early part of expiry week, but if this gap up does not fill today, it could be considered an initial break away gap as well, and one always have to be aware of a delta hedge melt up going into Friday. Maybe after the FTSE close today, we will ease back a bit before the afternoon surge. There is still $70million in the NDX dynamic fund at Rydex that will need to get covered, and that would accelerate price to the upside a bit on the close. :redbull: :redbull: :redbull:

#6 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

Gap closed?
Trade carefully

What you are seeing in the NDX is that Price is TRAPPED in THE GAP ZONE, leaving a gap underneath to fill.

There is nothing more really to see than that, I'm anticipating price test the bottom zone and top zone of a

channel I posted in January. We are close enough for me to take on a position, as I especially like to enter

short positions when the Bears are getting the "hell" scared out of them. I never like to much company. ;)

What else besides filling the NDX gap leads to your decision?

It seems arbitrary, but it is obviously better to sell now versus a week ago.

Well I can tell that any new highs here will provide a Negative Divergence with a 3rd Push high playing out also.

Meanwhile there are a few other things technically that are going on but ifs really to early to focus on, as we

have lots of trading to do before they become more meaningful. (.... Oh and I have it overbought on a 30m signal.)

That's why I usually try and focus on a 2-4 day trade,
if it turns into something longer term, and it sometimes does, then I adjust my expectations as we go.

Edited by Mr Dev, 16 April 2007 - 10:47 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#7 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:43 AM

I wish you good luck! I did my study over the weekend and i came up bullish, exactly like is happening! Although i'm looking for the big reversal in the next few to several days, i have a small long from 1817 and i don't think this gap will close till then... EC
Spesi FF

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

I wish you good luck!
I did my study over the weekend and i came up bullish, exactly like is happening!
Although i'm looking for the big reversal in the next few to several days, i have a small long from 1817 and i don't think this gap will close till then...
EC

Hi espresso
Wow your weekend study worked well,... so are you getting LONGER today?

Edited by Mr Dev, 16 April 2007 - 10:49 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#9 espresso

espresso

• Traders-Talk User
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:58 AM

No longer, i'm a bear inside! But what i saw on my study i didn't like: too much bullish! I was and I'm expecting 2to7 days positive, but my study showed me that this bull could have no end!!!
Spesi FF

#10 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

Gap closed?
Trade carefully

What you are seeing in the NDX is that Price is TRAPPED in THE GAP ZONE, leaving a gap underneath to fill.

There is nothing more really to see than that, I'm anticipating price test the bottom zone and top zone of a

channel I posted in January. We are close enough for me to take on a position, as I especially like to enter

short positions when the Bears are getting the "hell" scared out of them. I never like to much company. ;)

What else besides filling the NDX gap leads to your decision?

It seems arbitrary, but it is obviously better to sell now versus a week ago.

Well I can tell that any new highs here will provide a Negative Divergence with a 3rd Push high playing out also.

Meanwhile there are a few other things technically that are going on but ifs really to early to focus on, as we

have lots of trading to do before they become more meaningful. (.... Oh and I have it overbought on a 30m signal.)

That's why I usually try and focus on a 2-4 day trade,
if it turns into something longer term, and it sometimes does, then I adjust my expectations as we go.

Thanks for posting Mr Dev. I'm with you on the direction, but I'm holding my powder dry; (and scalping long) until after 2:15.