Glad i capitulated in my shorts!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:42 PM

Cheif, Can I ask. All dips are bought, and this market looks invincible. I wouldnt want to be short this market and capitulated a few days ago. Do you have any upside targets. It seems to me 1500 SPX is a foregone conclusion, no? Bears seems trapped and the market plans to take every cent from them?
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:50 PM

us shuda waited for a possible post expiration adjustment before u did that........imho

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

Tor, Can't beleive that even you are bullish :D WOW, posts after posts from various folks suggesting bullish outcomes. It's been a while i have seen this board soooo bullish !!. I look at sentiment from a subjective view point and my gut says, if any downside develops here, it won't be trusted.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Tor,

Can't beleive that even you are bullish :D

WOW, posts after posts from various folks suggesting bullish outcomes. It's been a while i have seen this board soooo bullish !!. I look at sentiment from a subjective view point and my gut says, if any downside develops here, it won't be trusted.

NAV I'm not. I capitulated on my shorts. I am now FLAT apart from a decent short on NOV, which is looking pretty good right now (grateful to Xd for that one).

It may sound a weird thing to do, but I wanted to just post something this wednesday to see how it felt to myself, given where prices were and my personal guage of markets.

That is my true stance to be clear, so its not Zen anti Zen stuff. I remain of bearish desposition generally, but flat indices for now.
Observer

#5 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:41 PM

Also, my question to Cheif...I do think this market can go to 1500 SPX given how doubtful the bulls are and stunned the bears are. no one know here IMO, people know it doesnt feel right, so there is a disbelief here IMO. I guess thats how runaway moves are caused one way or another. A vacuum has been created interesting to observe IMO. :)

Edited by Tor, 18 April 2007 - 03:44 PM.

Observer

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

I do think this market can go to 1500 SPX given how doubtful the bulls are and stunned the bears are. no one know here IMO

Doubtful? Not here.

We have much further to go on the upside. This would include new all time highs on both the weighted SPX and the OEX...and beyond.

WOW, posts after posts from various folks suggesting bullish outcomes. It's been a while i have seen this board soooo bullish !!.

The Point of Recognition continues to make itself known.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

I do think this market can go to 1500 SPX given how doubtful the bulls are and stunned the bears are. no one know here IMO

Doubtful? Not here.

We have much further to go on the upside. This would include new all time highs on both the weighted SPX and the OEX...and beyond.

WOW, posts after posts from various folks suggesting bullish outcomes. It's been a while i have seen this board soooo bullish !!.

The Point of Recognition continues to make itself known.

Fib

its still in the very early stages.....recognition waves can get so frothy that only the smallest minority will trust it.....whats coming will make the 90.s look like childs play........funny thing about the 90.s..in hindsite most observers would say anybody coulda done it.....lololol.....NOT.......

#8 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:23 PM

what's coming will make the 90.s look like child's play

How about minor league spring training?

The internals are white hot right now...anything is possible.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#9 bullishnot

bullishnot

• Traders-Talk User
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:29 PM

Cheif,

Can I ask. All dips are bought, and this market looks invincible. I wouldnt want to be short this market and capitulated a few days ago.

Do you have any upside targets. It seems to me 1500 SPX is a foregone conclusion, no? Bears seems trapped and the market plans to take every cent from them?

Still money to be made short, no doubt.

#10 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:59 PM

Fib, you are a guru when it comes to internals. I think they look great. But what do you think of two days of negative breadth? Do you think we may have a pull back before going higher. And if you think so, how deep can this pull back be? Thanks Denleo