A very bullish count for QQQQ

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

I asked several times for those who were talking about wave 3 to post a count so I could see. no one did that I saw. not even snort, snort so here it is.

QQQQ Starting 3 wave up

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:20 PM

Nice job, though I would move your 1 and 2 to the July bottoming period before the acceleration to the upside. And by the way, nowhere have I seen anyone suggest that the NASDAQ or NDX were in Primary 3...this reference has always been maintained as it relates to the primary market of stocks that trade on the NYSE. Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

again, I said I was asking those who were talking about wave 3 to post it and no one did so I never knew what they were talking about. I asked several times. thanks for responding

#4 pedro

pedro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:35 PM

Nice job, though I would move your 1 and 2 to the July bottoming period before the acceleration to the upside.

And by the way, nowhere have I seen anyone suggest that the NASDAQ or NDX were in Primary 3...this reference has always been maintained as it relates to the primary market of stocks that trade on the NYSE.

Fib

Nowhere? How about this guy?

http://stockcharts.c...t...87&cmd=show[s67200334]&disp=P

Should show up as COMPQ weekly. Apologies if it doesn't show up as link.

pdl

PS - thanks for raising the idea.

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

I said I was asking those who were talking about wave 3 to post it and no one did so I never knew what they were talking about.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I've been quite clear on this subject for 4 years now. Originally, my idea was that we were in Primary 5 after the 2002 lows (with the NASDAQ in a bear market rally), but that all changed back in January of this year when the New York ratio adjusted advance/decline line took out its all time highs of 1959. Only a third of wave of Primary degree - or higher - could have done this under the original guidelines of the methodology. At this juncture, there still isn't enough evidence to suggest that any general count changes would be applied to the secondary group of stocks.

For reference, this has been my preferred bear market count of the 1998-2002 bear market in which I'm considering Primary wave 2 of either Cycle wave 3 or 5...too soon to tell.

Fib

Posted Image

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#6 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

I'm sure I've posted a longer term count on ndx but can't find the chart right now.....this is my oex bullish count that I've remarked...fwiw

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$OEX&p=W&yr=7&mn=6&dy=0&i=p62210233287&a=81658925&r=3391.png

#7 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:52 PM

Nowhere? I was talking about here on the board. some here were talking about wave 3 and wouldn't tell what the count was or post a chart they would just snort. So I did it myself and now I see at least the possibility of it. I see the guy you put the link up has the same count for the time period I posted. could be. I would feel better if we'd have a good correction here and I don't think it would destroy the possibility of wave 3. thanks Pedro

#8 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

So I did it myself and now I see at least the possibility of it.

And your effort is appreciated.

As far is Don is concerned, he's always in wave 3 of one degree of the other. :D

And yes, many thanks to Pedro for the link provided in this thread....nice Elliott work being done over there. I have bookmarked it for future follow up.

Fib

#9 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:12 PM

Still can't find my count...but this may give an idea....when ever we break up and out of the channel...I believe it will be recognition of 3 of 3.

http://stockcharts.c...3054&r=9362.png

#10 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:21 PM

thanks fib and TP. TP I have the same target of 56 if my bullish count is correct. I have no idea if it is or not. I prefer to see a pulllback......... to 40 would be nice but it seems so unlikely now doesn't it? next few days should tell