11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

Up Day,.... with Summation still pointing DOWN....I'll take that bet for a day

,...and keep what I have short the DYN SHORT RUT and

move off my REG SHORT RUT so as to go MORE DYN SHORT RUT in the morning.

Seems I may be positioned already for tomorrow.. so I look to add more leveraged short in the AM.

This chart is for the NDX but ....as I've shown before and ...you all know,.. the RUT has been weaker and

allowing us SHORT PLAYERS to Still Make Money,...in this Wall Street Gone Wild .... Crazy Market.

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 optionking

optionking

• Traders-Talk User
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

mr. Dev...employment numbers come out tommorow...so u looking at a gap down and selloff for Friday? thnx

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:08 PM

Mr Dev, As criminal as it may seem, they will do what they have been doing for more than an year now, on an employment friday - Gap-up !. After the gap-up, who knows ?

Edited by NAV, 03 May 2007 - 03:09 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:25 PM

Mr Dev,

As criminal as it may seem, they will do what they have been doing for more than an year now, on an employment friday - Gap-up !.

After the gap-up, who knows ?

I've looked into some Friday gap indicators... Asked questions of a few; never got a response.
From my testing it looks like unusual volume on the ES contract at 11:00 pm est time is a decent
predictor of the gap in the AM. UpVolume larger than average indicates a gap down not so reliably
DownVolume indicating a gap up. I'm still trying to find a better predictor and I believe the late
thursday night trading traffic is the key.

Always have my ears open, so if you have a suggestion I'd be more than happy to test it out and
forward you the detailed results/optimization.

#5 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

Well King,... I'm not really focusing on a GAP at this time...... keep in mind we are going into a Feel Good

Friday.... and they wouldn't want to spoil anyones weekend now would they. But I'll check further into it if you like.

I'm just seeing on the short term chart below that we Stayed on a Sell and moved to a Back Kiss.

And I don't like to ignore counter moves to the above Summation chart above either,.. so the two charts are keeping me
short into tomorrow's close .

Being short I don't like to much company .... and I don't think I have much at this time.

The challenge here is just what NAV said,... and that is.... with NEWS it will be easy to move things.

Now on the chart below with resistance so close price could jump right over it very quickly and easily.

However,...I have to address the other side of that coin,....with these chart Set Ups already Negative,.....if the

information was to come out ....disappointing,....well the markets were ALREADY PRIMED for a sell off.

Tomorrow,... all CNBC will say is ......... The Markets Are Down Today on that Negative Jobs Report ......and

that will all makes sense to the Mr. & Mrs Middle America on how the markets work.

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 03 May 2007 - 03:37 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#6 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

Oh, com'on. I try not to be rude here, but how does a directional short RUT make money when it moves up 2.50%+ in three days? Teach me, please. :wacko:

#7 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,101 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

Up Day,.... with Summation still pointing DOWN....I'll take that bet for a day

,...and keep what I have short the DYN SHORT RUT and

move off my REG SHORT RUT so as to go MORE DYN SHORT RUT in the morning.

Seems I may be positioned already for tomorrow.. so I look to add more leveraged short in the AM.

This chart is for the NDX but ....as I've shown before and ...you all know,.. the RUT has been weaker and

allowing us SHORT PLAYERS to Still Make Money,...in this Wall Street Gone Wild .... Crazy Market.

Posted Image

A rare divergence. :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

Oh, com'on. I try not to be rude here, but how does a directional short RUT make money when it moves up 2.50%+ in three days? Teach me, please. :wacko:

Oh pa-lease let's see .......sandstorm,.. don't think I've had the pleasure.

I'm sure you knew where this could go when you posted,... are ya feeling a little insecure in your own
******** there?

Don't tell me you're not trying to be rude when that is exactly what you're doing.

Look .............I suggest you review my post.

Know how?
Click the name / options / find members topics.

Now drop your eyes down to April 25th.. and just start

my RUT trade

and then

working your way UP the list until present. Don't skip this one..

here or............

...... this one

here....

here
Certainly don't over look the trade.... here

At the links you'll see I posted my short term trade ....NOT Bad for a Counter Trend Play ..... if you

ask me,...even if it was only a little over + 8,000.00 shares traded. P.S. the little asterik means AM Trades !

I'll take it on a Tuesday ...or Any Day for that matter !

Posted Image

Edited by Mr Dev, 03 May 2007 - 09:35 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#9 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:22 AM

RUT's lagging performance has been a real eye opener -- I'm short ER2 from April 20 and still holding on to a $300 per contract gain. :blink:

For a more detailed analysis, see this.
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#10 SandStorm

SandStorm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 457 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:59 AM

Great trade Mr. Dev but I was referring to the three up days from 5/1 low to today (5/3) that saw RUT rallied 2.50%+. Maybe I misunderstood you but my intepretation was that you are still short and are still making money?? Wow. That's the stuff of a master trader. Ex-cuuuse me. :wacko: