The sky is falling, the sky is falling

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:59 PM

And I thought the market would have a nominal correction next week but now . . . Prechtor's latest, "The stop - a close above Dow 13,500, which has not been triggered - is hereby rescinded. The market stinks too much not to keep recommending a short position." This should be good for another 1,000 points.
History always repeats . . . only the details change.

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

Hi Zen, how are you? It's been a while...

#3 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:15 AM

Hi Zen, how are you? It's been a while...

it could be zen or it could be one of several other guys who're known for posting under aliases :lol: .

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:27 AM

And I thought the market would have a nominal correction next week but now . . .

Prechtor's latest, "The stop - a close above Dow 13,500, which has not been triggered - is hereby rescinded. The market stinks too much not to keep recommending a short position."

This should be good for another 1,000 points.

RP is so wrong. Literally anyone could do better than him. Its guesswork. Even if the marekt does soon fall, the chances are it will bounce and rebound at some point. he will continue being bearish forever and eeevveeeerrrrrrrr......
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:41 AM

RP is so wrong. Literally anyone could do better than him. Its guesswork. Even if the marekt does soon fall, the chances are it will bounce and rebound at some point. he will continue being bearish forever and eeevveeeerrrrrrrr......

The only thing that would take the world stock markets down or cap the world's growth rate from here would be a third world war. Having the war in Iraq quite contained in the region and the low polarity that is not quite increasing among the other nations, it is unlikely to happen within a decade. However, if these resource driven problems and the trade protectionism increase over time, the tension will also increase since the rising inflation is a big problem for the USD and USD based assets --although I think the USD is near a secular low. There is no doubt that the day the USD looses its reserve status --not saying it will, there will be a big adjustment in the financial and political picture. I don't think that is happening anytime soon either though...

#6 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:25 AM

Nope, no Zen here. This is my first post after watching and lurking. I've been investing/trading the market since I was 16 and that was 50 years ago. For those that can't add, that makes me 39. When I was 16 I invested my wages from Jack-In-The-Box in my first stock, Ampex (anybody remember back that far???). I bought it at 44 and sold at 120. It went much, much higher, but I wanted to buy a car (story of my life). WOW, I thought this stock market thing is easy and if I can do this I'll never have to work. 50 years later I'm still trying to get it right. Edson Gould had the single biggest impact on my technical techniques. He was the greatest. I have a lot of his past publications and I was reading recently from one of his writings in 197? about his projections and they were amazing. He even predicted the 1987 crash during the late 70's. How did he do that??? The guy was amazing and I believe he didn't tell all. Otherwise I wouldn't still be making mistakes. My best investments were a Taco Bell franchise and buying the bull market in Dec. 1974. My worst investments are legendendary and many. Wouldn't we all be filthy rich if we didn't make bad investments/trades???? It's just the nature of the business and it is the hardest business on the planet.
History always repeats . . . only the details change.

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,040 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:54 AM

CL is not Zen. At least not as far as the Credit Card he donated with says. :o ;) Here's a public thank you for supporting our community. Welcome. Mark Founder Traders-talk.com

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 market speculator

market speculator

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

I love the chicken little argument. Market has more room to run...Dow is in new high territory. We'll need an unknown catalyst to shake this market...perhaps a PRIME LOAN crisis???

#9 The End

The End

• Traders-Talk User
  • 740 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:09 PM

What was needed in 2000? or at any other top for that matter. It always looks like it could go on forever, at the TOP of the mountain.
NONE of what I type should be taken as financial advice.

#10 Gary Smith

Gary Smith

• Traders-Talk User
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:28 PM

The only thing that would take the world stock markets down or cap the world's growth rate from here would be a third world war. Having the war in Iraq quite contained in the region and the low polarity that is not quite increasing among the other nations, it is unlikely to happen within a decade. However, if these resource driven problems and the trade protectionism increase over time, the tension will also increase since the rising inflation is a big problem for the USD and USD based assets --although I think the USD is near a secular low. There is no doubt that the day the USD looses its reserve status --not saying it will, there will be a big adjustment in the financial and political picture. I don't think that is happening anytime soon either though...

I think the only thing that can derail the bull are much higher interest rates because this bull has always been about liquidity and easy money and what it has wrought - a boom in private equity buyouts.