We are about to go into a major bear market

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 isaac613

isaac613

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

This is the first time I am writing here but I have been on xtrends for a while. We are about to see a major bear market. I see it last for 2 years. It started today and it should last a long while. People are finally waking up.

#2 golden

golden

• Traders-Talk User
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

People are finally waking up.

Go back to sleep isaac.

You must be having a bad dream.
"There is only one side of the market and it is not the bull side or the bear side, but the right side."

#3 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

This is the first time I am writing here but I have been on xtrends for a while. We are about to see a major bear market. I see it last for 2 years. It started today and it should last a long while. People are finally waking up.

I dont think the party is over quite yet. ;)
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#4 Shazzam

Shazzam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

i also spend time on xtrends and this website and am amazed by the number of folks that are already calling a bear. We haven't yet had one failed rally, only sharp selloffs which are typical of bull markets. Bear markets grind lower, day after day. Markets drift lower in a bear just like they have been drifting higher since march. Lets see a failed rally before we consider a change in the environment.

#5 bullishnot

bullishnot

• Traders-Talk User
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:15 PM

I agree, xtrends is right and we will have one that will implode...

#6 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

Greetings isaac613,

Well that was a "fearless forecast". Do you have any technical reasoning behind that? What's making you think this? And for the record, I honestly don't have an opinion, I'm just curious as to the rationale behind your statement.

I'm actually sort of hoping for some sort of change over in the markets so I can take a shot at trading it. But I don't have the ability to predict when it will come or if it has really arrived. Do you have an opinion as to where the money will go? Gold? Real Estate? Bonds? Cash?
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#7 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

Its a nice call. Technically internals were 4:1 down today. Yesterday was supposedly a key reversal day. I still think this puppy is going up. Its just too convenient for it to sell off on Greenspan remarks. High gas prices haven't been phasing it. Earnings reports are over until the next round, so we have a news lull. That leaves you with mundane things like housing, GDP, employment numbers, CPI,PPI, sediment (excrement really), and all the other usual suspects. I don't see anything changing dramatically and I doubt the M&A is over. There's simply an overabundance of liquidity. So if it goes down I suspect any dip will be bought. Where else will your money go? Bonds, China ? Gold? Platinum? Uranium ? Energy ? CRB ? The money will slosh around from place to place for awhile, until someone decides to drain it. Doubt that will happen. Too many people are worried about the D word - deflation. Inflation isn't feared because look its happening right before our eyes and noone is jumping to raise rates, are they ? If a bear market happens from here it would be quite a surprise. I think it would even surprise FIB. ;)
OTIS.

#8 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:13 PM

In the past, this index has been breaking down before the general market. This may not be an exception. I'm not really a bear but I like Airedale's July low scenario.

http://www.imageuplo...p01&i=82794.png
History always repeats . . . only the details change.

#9 isaac613

isaac613

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:41 PM

The reason we are going to have a bear market is exactly the answers I got to this post. Nobody believes it anymore. Everyone has turned bullish. It is very hard to believe in a bear market when every single downturn becomes a new high on the dow and S&P. Technically, it is the perfect time. I am not sure how to post charts here but if you look at the naz, s&p and dow, they are all forming tops at the same time. It just happens to be that greenspan called it right on time. I was alot of people cover at mid day today. Everyone does not want to be caught in a run up. Housing going up will help the market go down, whats good for housing is bad for stocks. Inflation is about to pick up in the summer. There is so much that is going to happen that the market is going to implode on itself. I hope you all don't get caught on the wrong side of it. Isaac.

#10 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

So you are making your call based on Charts, Sentiment, and fundamentals.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~