That was a healthy 9 point correction

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

S&P corrected 9 points from Friday's high to today's open. That is healthy. I just would like to remind everyone who is shorting that indexes do not go down any more. It will be a victory for bears if the market is unchanged today. Denleo

#2 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:17 AM

lol

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

S&P corrected 9 points from Friday's high to today's open. That is healthy. I just would like to remind everyone who is shorting that indexes do not go down any more. It will be a victory for bears if the market is unchanged today.

Denleo

So, are you long now?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

Scalping on the long side. So far so good. Denelo I will probably be long after the next 5-point S&P bear market. Denleo

#5 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:52 AM

It feels like a "teaching process", where all good students learn that the US market does not crash when the China market does.

#6 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:52 AM

S&P corrected 9 points from Friday's high to today's open. That is healthy. I just would like to remind everyone who is shorting that indexes do not go down any more. It will be a victory for bears if the market is unchanged today.

Denleo

Its true. I went short but it is possible the correction is already over with the evidence pointing to more new highs still.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#7 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:00 PM

It feels like a "teaching process", where all good students learn that the US market does not crash when the China market does.

We are not Chinese. We are Americans. Why would we care what happens to them?

Denleo

#8 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:12 PM

We are not Chinese. We are Americans. Why would we care what happens to them?

Denleo

I agree. Why should we; As a matter of fact, if they keep trying to posion my son's or my dog's food
supply, I wish them a speedy trip to hell, however that is not the point.

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:20 PM

Every other perma bear i used to know on various message boards have turned bullish. Why not ? All trendicators are looking bullish ! Trend on 5-min charts to monthly charts are all up ! ATH on SPX is one monster gap-up away !. Nothing, absolutely nothing can go wrong in this kind of an environment, if one is long. The chinese investors probably went to sleep yesterday night with the same feeling !. I don't trade on sentiment, but a believer in sentiment, nevertheless. Me thinks a nasty plunge is coming soon, just based on sentiment alone !.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#10 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:34 PM

Every other perma bear i used to know on various message boards have turned bullish. Why not ? All trendicators are looking bullish ! Trend on 5-min charts to monthly charts are all up ! ATH on SPX is one monster gap-up away !. Nothing, absolutely nothing can go wrong in this kind of an environment, if one is long. The chinese investors probably went to sleep yesterday night with the same feeling !. I don't trade on sentiment, but a believer in sentiment, nevertheless. Me thinks a nasty plunge is coming soon, just based on sentiment alone !.

I agree, however I don't think it's going to come out of the blue it will be controlled. And it's not going
to be easy to short; Lots of stop running. I will likely go short this afternoon for a quick play however
I'll be quick on the profit trigger.