Sword catchers...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

While my OB/OS indicator was only halfway oversold yesterday, there was some frenetic bottom picking yesterday. Today my indicator on 120-min is finally at a oversold level and there's little bottom picking activity. Interesting !

Just to make it clear, oversold only means that we have approached a bounce zone and is not indicative of any bottom by any means. It only means the sword catchers have a higher degree of success. It is important to understand that after a deep selloff like this, the nervous players will cause multiple retests of the bottom before we can fly higher. So countertrends are still very risky, unless one is scalping. I have no buy signal yet on the hourly charts yet. But i may try some kamkaze countrend trades today with tight stops. No overnight longs for me absolutely at this point.

Also note that in the last 2 days, the VST, ST and IT pivtos have all been broken. In my system, now the IT trend is down

Posted Image

Edited by NAV, 08 June 2007 - 09:25 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:27 AM

After a nice rest and seeing that I sold my short to early I have bought back where I sold. Totally agree the bottom is not yet found so take a deep breath the volatility is beautiful. Trade the chaos. Yippy.

#3 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:32 AM

Thank you Nav, Now maybe the rest of them will join us. I HEARBY DECLARE THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS MARKET TO CLOSE NEGATIVE TODAY. A very good day for accumalation. This bottom will be clearly seen in hindsight by many. Where is Dcenger by the way ?

#4 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

Thanks NAV. What is that bottom indicator btw?
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#5 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

Dont ya just love it???

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:43 AM

Thank you Nav,

Now maybe the rest of them will join us.

I HEARBY DECLARE THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS MARKET TO CLOSE NEGATIVE TODAY.

A very good day for accumalation. This bottom will be clearly seen in hindsight by many.

Where is Dcenger by the way ?

You are a funny guy. :D

Thanks NAV. What is that bottom indicator btw?

It's my custom Full Stoch indicator. It's not a buy/sell indicator, but a very good OB/OS indicator, tuned for 120-min charts.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:43 AM

Nav, I'm not joking.. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS MARKET TO CLOSE NEGATIVE TODAY. Do you disagree ? Every tick is being bought. Its really quite simple, just buy at least to the 23% retracement level

#8 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:45 AM

Nav,

I'm not joking.. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THIS MARKET TO CLOSE NEGATIVE TODAY.

Do you disagree ?

Every tick is being bought. Its really quite simple, just buy at least to the 23% retracement level

who cares? if you wanna buy, then buy, if you wanna sell then sell.

market is oversold, and maybe it will bounce according to some peoples gameplan.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#9 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

NAV, I do have a buy signal on my hourlies,.. and there is a propulsion line that will likely hit. I think all longs today,.. as the spike happens,.. should be exited before the close,.. new shorts by Monday. I may post more on my own thread.

Edited by Mr Dev, 08 June 2007 - 09:47 AM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#10 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

capstool and indexcalls r ultrabearish 2day. I know they are bear sites but their level of bearishness is exceptional today.