Photo

So many bullish posts and prognostications....

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:47 PM

but all i see is short, short and short trades on the board. So the only conclusion i can come to is that the late bears who have been shorting the last two days have been losing money and the bulls are just standing on the sidelines and watching the fun. I was trading the futures on the Indian market today. Crazy stuff happened in the morning. The powers that be, looked at the U.S market action on friday and engineered a "V" bottom. The mechanics of the bottom was very interesting. They gapped down today and reversed 2% up on a 5-min bar. I swear, it was a 2% move on a 5-min bar and they thought they had created a "V reversal. By the end of the day, they puked everything ! :D Added more puts here around the ES 1530 level. This is on top of the puts i bought in the morning around the 1524 level. Average position now around 1527 level. Done with my purchases. Now i all need to do is kick back and watch the fun or kick and scream in pain, after the boyz return from lunch.

Edited by NAV, 11 June 2007 - 12:49 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:49 PM

http://tickersense.t...poll/index.html

#3 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

I'm long everything that didn't get stopped out last week. No shorts yet.

#4 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

NAV, I just wanted to say that the risk, which I talked about at the high, has not gone anywhere. Good luck!!! I will join you soon. Denleo

#5 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

Already with ya Nav, been slowly adding OEX and QQQQ puts until 12. Quite a bit in the red for now so I have chilled out and expecting a market barf in the next 2 hours and through tomorrow.
“be right and sit tight”

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

http://tickersense.t...poll/index.html

What do they say ? Bulls make money. ..Bears make money.....and the Pigs.....

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

Well we're trading together again NAV, We do have a lot of company,.. not in numbers but in dollars, most will be taking it when the profits come. So I still expect some volatility going into Thursday. Probably get some Down then the usual up on liquidity. IF liquidity is allowed to dry up....well we know that the markets wouldn't like that, and anymore POPs would be eatin up. I may exit,.. if I get profits here at the EOD or possibly tomorrow morning,..as I continue this nice run my short shares rebuild bigger and bigger each time I re buy em. Good luck ;)

Edited by Mr Dev, 11 June 2007 - 12:57 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#8 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:22 PM

Nav-I'm not snorting-I'm shorting. Figuired we'd get this pop today, so I waited till todays pop to start shorting. For my money(and I've started to put it up, as listed in my thread below) this is nothing more than a short countertrend rally. Moreso, these levels are building what I consider a perfect yop formation=minor highs to the left, an actual top, and now minor highs on the right, which if the pop up just a bit more(QQQQ at 47.32, S+P at roughly 1523 to 1530) would align the minor highs perfectly-my perfect storm. If we get there, I finish taking a large position-and wait for the cliff diving to begin. Spooky

#9 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:37 PM

but all i see is short, short and short trades on the board. So the only conclusion i can come to is that the late bears who have been shorting the last two days have been losing money and the bulls are just standing on the sidelines and watching the fun. I was trading the futures on the Indian market today. Crazy stuff happened in the morning. The powers that be, looked at the U.S market action on friday and engineered a "V" bottom. The mechanics of the bottom was very interesting. They gapped down today and reversed 2% up on a 5-min bar. I swear, it was a 2% move on a 5-min bar and they thought they had created a "V reversal. By the end of the day, they puked everything ! :D

Added more puts here around the ES 1530 level. This is on top of the puts i bought in the morning around the 1524 level. Average position now around 1527 level. Done with my purchases. Now i all need to do is kick back and watch the fun or kick and scream in pain, after the boyz return from lunch.

put on some more sep es shorts at 1530 myself nav.

Edited by airedale88, 11 June 2007 - 01:37 PM.

airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#10 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hey you guys I said i was shorting in my post earlier down, now everyone is - you guys are freaking me!! Good luck in any event.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.