It's funny....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:31 AM

Every Opex week, I fall prey to this setup. Technically it always looks bearish and i get short and they gap-up huge. I still haven't learn't the lesson :P . Now the hourly and 120-min have turned up. So i need to find a spot to get out of my shorts.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

Every Opex week, I fall prey to this setup. Technically it always looks bearish and i get short and they gap-up huge. I still haven't learn't the lesson :P . Now the hourly and 120-min have turned up. So i need to find a spot to get out of my shorts.

just do it in private...i dont wanna see you naked.....snort

#3 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:41 AM

we've been in a sideways to up consolidation since early May

Next leg UP is commencing now (yesterday)

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:44 AM

just do it in private...i dont wanna see you naked.....snort

:lol:. Still clinging on to my shorts. I won't embarass you.

Edited by NAV, 15 June 2007 - 08:45 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:44 AM

Looking like an exhaustion gap now.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#6 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:46 AM

i am surprised nav, look at the 15/30min etc they are so overbought its not even funny. I dont remember seeing the $TRIN this low...
“be right and sit tight”

#7 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:49 AM

Too much enthusiasm in the buying this morning.

#8 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:53 AM

RE: TRIN and TRINQ...my odd ball stuff may be signaling a sell here based on the 34ema on both

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=1&mn=5&dy=0&i=p23801270498&a=106330327&r=3714.png

#9 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

we've been in a sideways to up consolidation since early May

Next leg UP is commencing now (yesterday)

What leg up? Only the final blow off !

Not surprised if we close red today

Insider
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:01 AM

I am going to sell over the next 5 days, everyday gradually. It is hard to pick the exact top here, but today has pretty good potential to be a good top. The daily internal momentum is still down, the shorter term price and internal indicators are way overbought, this is a good place for a cyclical top, the new highs vs new lows are divergent at this point compared to the previous two price highs, the speculation is way extreme for this kind of market at the moment, the list goes on... As I said, I am willing to take some heat on this trade... My time limit is around June 25th, I should see an acceleration lower in order for me to stay commited through the end of the quarter window dressing...