Problems are gone. Back to Normal.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:33 AM

I am taking my loss of 13 points and looking to go long on any pull back of 5 points. Problems are gone. Risk is over. Trade on the long side only. Denleo

#2 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:55 AM

Risk goes when the ten-year yield drops, risk returns when it rises.

#3 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:04 AM

Stocks and bonds are moving in the same direction again for the time being. Liquidity is back in the market the last week as evidenced by USJYY breaking out and the Treasury repos starting up again (28B last 2 days, probably 100B by early July). The turn was the government of China bailing out its market.

#4 Insider

Insider

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:20 AM

I am taking my loss of 13 points and looking to go long on any pull back of 5 points. Problems are gone. Risk is over. Trade on the long side only.

Denleo

When you trade long in the coming days/weeks....don't forget to put also the USD/YEN chart on your desktop

It usually provides panic attacks :lol:

Insider
BEAR MARKET - JULY 29, 2011

Current Position:

Short the Dow from 12200

#5 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

Risk goes when the ten-year yield drops, risk returns when it rises.

Exactly.

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:44 AM

Denleo, I woudn't quite say that the risk is gone yet. The next pullback will be telling. If the next pullback fails to turn the hourly down, then i would switch to your camp. Until then, it's hard to get bullish here.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

NAV, I thought you said your indicators have turned bullish this morning. Are you still bearish? And if you are, what kind of a pull back are you expecting? 5-7 points intraday or close this gap? or all three gaps? Thanks Denleo

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 10:53 AM

NAV, I thought you said your indicators have turned bullish this morning. Are you still bearish? And if you are, what kind of a pull back are you expecting? 5-7 points intraday or close this gap? or all three gaps?

Thanks

Denleo

Denleo,

I am not bearish anymore. My hourly has turned up at this point. I really don't have a clue as to what kind of a pullback to expect here. Waiting for more clues here. If the next pullback happens to be shallow one, i would cover and look to go long. If we get a high velocity selloff, that would turn the hourly down, then i would hold the shorts. At this point i am just patting myself on my back for not shorting the ES. QQQQ puts, i can take the pain.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#9 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:20 AM

Risk goes when Core CPI/PPI is below or equal to +.2, risk returns when it is above
Next month should be good trading

Seems like we have to wait for Japan to raise rates and ruin the party - maybe in september

NAV, I thought you said your indicators have turned bullish this morning. Are you still bearish? And if you are, what kind of a pull back are you expecting? 5-7 points intraday or close this gap? or all three gaps?

Thanks

Denleo

Denleo,

I am not bearish anymore. My hourly has turned up at this point. I really don't have a clue as to what kind of a pullback to expect here. Waiting for more clues here. If the next pullback happens to be shallow one, i would cover and look to go long. If we get a high velocity selloff, that would turn the hourly down, then i would hold the shorts. At this point i am just patting myself on my back for not shorting the ES. QQQQ puts, i can take the pain.

#10 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

CPI is irrelevant. Both equities and bonds rallied last July on the 0.3 "core" CPI for June.

http://www.boston.co...xpected_03_pct/

SPX rose by 5 percent. 10-year yield fell by 30 basis points.