• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:53 PM

Reminiscent of Kennedy's historic 1961 speech pledging to put a man on the moon ... Government leaders have officially responded to the Global warming crisis by announcing their intention to construct a giant, world-wide air conditioner. "We have a responsibility to future generations."

Keep cool everyone. :lol: :D :lol:

(paraphrased from recent Onion newspaper headline)

Edited by calmcookie, 22 June 2007 - 12:57 PM.

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:03 AM

Reminiscent of Kennedy's historic 1961 speech pledging to put a man on the moon ... Government leaders have officially responded to the Global warming crisis by announcing their intention to construct a giant, world-wide air conditioner. "We have a responsibility to future generations."

Keep cool everyone. :lol: :D :lol:

(paraphrased from recent Onion newspaper headline)

Sadly, I think we are all doomed. I dont think the planet will be around in 50 years time without major problems.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

Say I am wearing rose colored glasses, but I believe humans will come up with sensible solutions. The earth may be battered but it is not yet beaten. Imagine the best and it's more likely to manifest. As Dr. Martin Seligman stated "Optimism is much more than some shallow emotion ... it CAN literally create an outcome." Or as Winston Churchhill said "We create our reality as we go along." There is still hope for planet earth. Best, C.C. :)

Edited by calmcookie, 23 June 2007 - 10:27 AM.

#4 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:40 AM

Sadly, I think we are all doomed. I dont think the planet will be around in 50 years time without major problems.

The end of the world has been "expected" to be just around the corner for thousands of years.

As for not being "around without major problems", it seems THAT has been the state of the world since the dawn of man.

I like what calmcookie wrote. Well said!
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.