xtrends - S&P trendline

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:00 AM

i'm also looking at the exact same chart from the blog S&P 500 trendline which has now been tested three weeks in a row - for me this means that bears need to biuld up more fuel and that a break probably will not happen next week what is your view? a trendline could also been drawn from the top at the beginning of 2005 to the bottom of the february correction this would give support around 1.400 and should be the next projection if the first trendline is broken Which indicators are you looking at to see if the trendline now at 1.500 will be broken Monthly momentum is down unlike after the february move - so for me this is just a matter of time - the market has taken too many hits but the short interest is soo high, so maybe we get a move up to first 1.513 Cheers - enjoy the weekend

#2 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:10 AM

but the short interest is soo high, so maybe we get a move up to first 1.513

Cheers - enjoy the weekend

What makes you think the short interest will support the down side?.....Case in point.....Check out the SI on TASR at the top.....That did not keep that stock from falling like a rock.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#3 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:26 AM

Who knows, but I am just watching the current price level at support. No trendline reak yet for me. Market must PROVE itself. I will say this however, any break if it hapened i think will be quick. Or it rebounds. Its tricky, trading I mean in the new internet age. Not so easy as before.

Edited by Tor, 23 June 2007 - 09:28 AM.

Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#4 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:46 AM

don't know if SI will support anything, but for me SI and End of Quarter is the only things bulls have going for them

after this week they will only have SI as their fuel

this IMO means it is just a matter of time before bears get their IT victory

bulls will show us next week what they've got - i doubt they will impress

but the short interest is soo high, so maybe we get a move up to first 1.513

Cheers - enjoy the weekend

What makes you think the short interest will support the down side?.....Case in point.....Check out the SI on TASR at the top.....That did not keep that stock from falling like a rock.....

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

Remember the homebuilders short interest ? Remeber how many people were saying that there is no way in hell the homebuilding bubble will last and kept shorting the stocks ? Well, they were right.

Edited by ogm, 23 June 2007 - 10:48 AM.

#6 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:53 AM

good point

i would not be buying IT before 1.400-1.420

Remember the homebuilders short interest ? Remeber how many people were saying that there is no way in hell the homebuilding bubble will last and kept shorting the stocks ? Well, they were right.

#7 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

posted an update @ http://xtrends.blogspot.com/

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

The most bearish chart at the moment is the energy and the drillers, they shoot above their channel tops and they are being rejected. If any correction kicks in from here, they will come down really hard, imho...

#9 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

posted an update @ http://xtrends.blogspot.com/

As always, thank you for your indepth charts and analysis!!
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#10 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

The most bearish chart at the moment is the energy and the drillers, they shoot above their channel tops and they are being rejected. If any correction kicks in from here, they will come down really hard, imho...

Interesting that airlines are starting to show some relative strength. Probably the trend of rising fuel costs may be coming to and end.