WAVE FOUR

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:20 PM

Wave five is now projected to top at 1560 cash index and I am not sure it can get there. Wave fours that drop to 50% often only double top. Since Thursday price projection model projects 1555 for the cash and 1564 futures what we may see is an open Friday into the wave five target at 1560 areas that is quickly reversed. I plan to short into the highs myself and expect 1520 cash by next Friday so let the games begin. Good Luck, LarryT d:^)
"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#2 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:22 PM

scary? It was like a BIG, BIG, BIG joke.

Edited by Trend-Signals, 18 July 2007 - 04:22 PM.

Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#3 Pabst

Pabst

• Traders-Talk User
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

:D I'm VERY short but your remark brightened my afternoon.

Cool pic btw........
Free market's for free men!

#4 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

:D I'm VERY short but your remark brightened my afternoon.

Cool pic btw........

Really, I am wondering who was actually scared a bit on today's show.

It was obvious that market will be bought like those were free gift as I noted in premarket and market actually jumped on the dip and scooped up.

Bernanke speech effect was also a joke... since no one is taking it seriously.

#5 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

Did not say the market was scary, said wave 4 was scary. Wave 4s almost never drop more than 38% so when one does it is an anomaly. I can see looking for some traders to chat with here was a mistake.

Twitter site

#6 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

Excellent call, LarryT -- saw your earlier post, and appreciate your follow-up comments. Am wondering if you have any particular thoughts on the gold/commodity markets here -- they seem to be decoupling for a larger move up. Of course, we've seen periods in the past 3-4 years where commodities/pms have moved up w/o the general market so it would not be totally out of the norm. Thanks again for contributing your thoughts, and look forward to your posts.

Edited by beta, 18 July 2007 - 05:21 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#7 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 05:28 PM

You may disagree, but I expressed what I perceived. To you, Wave 4 was scary, but not to me. I don't expect that we think the same. Actually, what I was saying was referring to market price hype with big negative breadth, the same stuff which I was noting. :blush:

Edited by Trend-Signals, 18 July 2007 - 05:32 PM.

#8 hawkeyefan

hawkeyefan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 376 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

[quote name='LarryT' date='Jul 18 2007, 06:20 PM' post='300267']
Wave five is now projected to top at 1560 cash index and I am not sure it can get there. Wave fours that drop to 50% often only double top. Since Thursday price projection model projects 1555 for the cash and 1564 futures what we may see is an open Friday into the wave five target at 1560 areas that is quickly reversed. I plan to short into the highs myself and expect 1520 cash by next Friday so let the games begin.]

Couldn't today also have been c of 2 from last Wednesday? If a person looks hard enough, one can see five waves up from last Wednesday.

#9 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:16 PM

[quote name='beta' post='300289' date='Jul 18 2007, 06:18 PM']
Excellent call, LarryT -- saw your earlier post, and appreciate your follow-up comments.

Am wondering if you have any particular thoughts on the gold/commodity markets here -- they seem to be decoupling for a larger move up.

Of course, we've seen periods in the past 3-4 years where commodities/pms have moved up w/o the general market so it would not be totally out of the norm.

Thanks again for contributing your thoughts, and look forward to your posts.
[/quote]

Gold futures have been trading in a wave four triangle from the 250 area lows in 1999. It looks like the pattern is completed and wave five up is just getting started. If 688 is traded past we could get to near 850 this year. These sideways patterns can take a lot of time and are difficult to trade as most wave fours are. I have 781 as highly probable if a weekly close is above 688 and 850 as possible..

LT

[quote name='hawkeyefan' date='Jul 18 2007, 09:03 PM' post='300318']
Wave five is now projected to top at 1560 cash index and I am not sure it can get there. Wave fours that drop to 50% often only double top. Since Thursday price projection model projects 1555 for the cash and 1564 futures what we may see is an open Friday into the wave five target at 1560 areas that is quickly reversed. I plan to short into the highs myself and expect 1520 cash by next Friday so let the games begin.]

Couldn't today also have been c of 2 from last Wednesday? If a person looks hard enough, one can see five waves up from last Wednesday.
[/quote]

I looked at that, matter of fact just minutes before the rocket ride up the 5 minute chart was looking real good for one more slightly lower low for five down. My cycle work is starting to ease from bullish starting Thursday so I am holding on to we get that run at 1560 before it turns beraish. My favored time window is 14:30 Thur to 12:30 Friday for that to occur. After that cycle forces start turning bearish until the following Friday.

Best,

LT

[quote name='hawkeyefan' date='Jul 18 2007, 09:03 PM' post='300318']

[/quote]

I looked at that, matter of fact just minutes before the rocket ride up the 5 minute chart was looking real good for one more slightly lower low for five down. My cycle work is starting to ease from bullish starting Thursday so I am holding on to we get that run at 1560 before it turns beraish. My favored time window is 14:30 Thur to 12:30 Friday for that to occur. After that cycle forces start turning bearish until the following Friday.

Best,

LT

Twitter site

#10 btrade

btrade

• Traders-Talk User
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:47 AM

[ Excellent call, LarryT -- saw your earlier post, and appreciate your follow-up comments. Thanks for your post Larry. You do great work!