It's called volatility folks....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:57 AM

Most dangerous activity in these kind of markets is carrying overnight positions. Ain't i glad i went flat yesterday close. That A/D line really sucked yesterday. Again, i am seeing some crash calls today - of course no TA to back it up, other than their own emotions. If you recall my e-wave post yesterday, my first scenario target was met today on SPX cash (1495) with this gap-down. With this kind of nasty gap-downs, there will be very few buy and holders anymore. If we get a strong bounce out of this gap-down, then most likely we have seen an important low. When i get an hourly buy, i will post it here. Stay tuned.....we are approaching an important low !

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:04 AM

Same feelings, all of us are bullish here though! :o

#3 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:06 AM

I'm completely amazed. I really am. That was a huge change from after hours to pre market. I am flat since Tuesday. Good thing cause otherwise I'd be in the hospital with a heart attack no matter which side I was trading.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#4 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:07 AM

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$OEX&p=60&yr=0&mn=5&dy=16&i=p53407421805&a=107003689&r=2944.png

OR..............

Watching for other clues.....cracking to a new low and taking out 695 oex puts the B wave top as top count.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$OEX&p=30&yr=0&mn=2&dy=5&i=p10548461879&a=112399825&r=6153.png

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

BTW, opening equity P/C is 0.88 and OEX P/C 3.0, I would say real fear is slowly showing up in the markets, but probably not on this board, we are the true contrarians here! :lol:

#6 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

things are a bi too bullish..so im only 1/2loaded

Edited by BigBadBear, 26 July 2007 - 09:08 AM.

#7 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:08 AM

What do you mean by important low? You mean a rally measured in weeks? 100 points in the S&P? Or? Thanks. CA

Edited by CAzzaro, 26 July 2007 - 09:09 AM.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

Yesterday, I told my folks soon after you went long that I was looking long with the volume, but we never got a set up. Then late, the volume came in on the downside which given the sentiment is an uh-oh moment. Today would be neat to see a low, but I just didn't see much fear anywhere. The Rydex amateurs (non-Dynamic traders) didn't reverse their big dip buying spree on Tuesday. The P/C's are all pretty neutral by my read. AAII moved more Bullish as did II. I know there's a bounce in the offing (statistically), but it's hard to make a case for a low, as yet. I'm thinking that they're training us. We'll get another buy set up and then have it fail, then the NEXT buy set up, we'll wait on and it'll gap up 2%. Mark And if I'm wrong, the volume will come in on the upside. ARMS is low, so maybe...maybe. I'm way agnostic and flexible for now. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

I picked up some Aug 80 IWM calls around IWM 79.5 level, based on a 30-min buy. I will start buying the futures once i get a hourly buy, which could come by 11:00 Est. Boy, this market is too fast. By the time i typre something, the market rockets higher. Hiker, remember the IWM target i mentioned yesterday 79, which was nicely tagged yesterday. SPX also tested it's channel support at 1595. Caazzaro, Yes, a rally measured in weeks. 100+ points. But i need confirmation, which i don't have yet. It all begins with a hourly buy....

Edited by NAV, 26 July 2007 - 09:17 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#10 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:18 AM

This looks like a very controlled down-move in the futures market, almost picture perfect how its respecting the channel. Too orderly?

Nothing dramatic in the P/C ratios, what you would expect on a -100 down point open.

Today and tomorrow also mark Airedale's July lows.

Tomorrow's GDP might cause a lot of morning volatility so it will be hard to stay over-night, but I am looking to go long.

Yesterday, I told my folks soon after you went long that I was looking long with the volume, but we never got a set up. Then late, the volume came in on the downside which given the sentiment is an uh-oh moment.

Today would be neat to see a low, but I just didn't see much fear anywhere. The Rydex amateurs (non-Dynamic traders) didn't reverse their big dip buying spree on Tuesday. The P/C's are all pretty neutral by my read. AAII moved more Bullish as did II.

I know there's a bounce in the offing (statistically), but it's hard to make a case for a low, as yet.

I'm thinking that they're training us. We'll get another buy set up and then have it fail, then the NEXT buy set up, we'll wait on and it'll gap up 2%.

Mark

And if I'm wrong, the volume will come in on the upside. ARMS is low, so maybe...maybe.

I'm way agnostic and flexible for now.

Mark

“be right and sit tight”