Selling pressure waning....

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:19 PM

At least for now. We got two signals today, one countertrend buy and one continuation sell today. Both were good for 10+ ER2 points and 12+ ES points. We have another countertrend buy coming up, which will be confirmed 2:00 Est. From the nice bottoming action i am seeing, i think this one is gonna be a strong one. FWIW. BTW, trading interest also seems to have waned on this board. I thought everyone loved volatility ! :lol:

Edited by NAV, 27 July 2007 - 12:20 PM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

I still love it, NAV, was busy trading Q puts bought at open,QQQTV, nice hit and bailed. I think we go lower still, one last time, so waiting on calls. Good trading to you.

Edited by thespookyone, 27 July 2007 - 12:33 PM.

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:38 PM

I still love it, NAV, was busy trading Q puts bought at open,QQQTV, nice hit and bailed. I think we go lower still, one last time, so waiting on calls. Good trading to you.

TSO,

Yesterday everyone were busy picking bottoms. I saw at least 10 different calls. Not a single one today. Gotta love how the boyz wear out everyone, before the inevitable reaction starts. It's the same old stuff on wallstreet. Good trading to you as well.

#4 beta

beta

lasergirl

• TT Patron+
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:45 PM

So far, the retest of yesterday's lows appears to be on lower volume (bullish). A break over SPX 1480 (cash) might present a good risk/reward for a move to 1510-1520 (15-min chart). I dont trade indexes, but use it for directional guidance and did some buying this morning.

Edited by beta, 27 July 2007 - 12:47 PM.

"Daytrading -- An Extreme Sport !"

#5 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:47 PM

Early bottom picking, like early puts and calls doesn't pay. If we get a hard move down here-I'm buying with both hands. Usually, in my experience-you get one move, everyone thinks its over-and the second cut is the deepest. If we get it, I bet there are a lot of deer in the headlights-while we both load up :)

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

Early bottom picking, like early puts and calls doesn't pay. If we get a hard move down here-I'm buying with both hands. Usually, in my experience-you get one move, everyone thinks its over-and the second cut is the deepest. If we get it, I bet there are a lot of deer in the headlights-while we both load up :)

I was early two days back - made 12 points on ES. I was early today morning - made 10 points on ES and ER2. Then went short today and made 8 points on ES. Now nibbled on IWM calls. Once the hourly buy is confirmed i will buy ER2 and ES again.

The biggest problem i have encountered in trading is realizing when i am early or when i am late. So, i just take all the signals B)

Edited by NAV, 27 July 2007 - 12:57 PM.

#7 CAzzaro

CAzzaro

• Traders-Talk User
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

I was early two days back - made 12 points on ES. I was early today morning - made 10 points on ES and ER2. Then went short today and made 8 points on ES. Now nibbled on IWM calls. Once the hourly buy is confirmed i will buy ER2 and ES again.

The biggest problem i have encountered in trading is realizing when i am early or when i am late. So, i just take all the signals B)

Does it mean anything in particular when you get these frequent flip flops of your hourly signals? How do you know when to take a quick profit versus sitting with the position?

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:06 PM

Hourly countertrend buy confirmed at 2:00est. Projected VST targets ER2 805 and ES 1505. Three hourly signals today ...Jeez. That's called volatility !

Does it mean anything in particular when you get these frequent flip flops of your hourly signals? How do you know when to take a quick profit versus sitting with the position?

I only sit tight if it's in the direction of the trend and the osc are not very oversold. If it's countertrend, i get out at the first touch of the downsloping EMAs (partially) and put breakeven stops on rest. The flip-flopping only means volatility !

Edited by NAV, 27 July 2007 - 01:07 PM.

#9 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

Hourly countertrend buy confirmed at 2:00est. Projected VST targets ER2 805 and ES 1505. Three hourly signals today ...Jeez. That's called volatility !

i am taking those buy signals, i am also frustrated at the chop.

i thought er2 at 782 was a perfect buy, but i been getting creamed so badly that i just chickened out.

thought es1470 was good too, but same problem.

lets see how those projections pan out. good luck to us.
“be right and sit tight”

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 01:18 PM

i am taking those buy signals, i am also frustrated at the chop.

i thought er2 at 782 was a perfect buy, but i been getting creamed so badly that i just chickened out.

thought es1470 was good too, but same problem.

lets see how those projections pan out. good luck to us.

Bottom picking is scary, stressful and frustrating and i have never been successful. I feel so comfortable buying 6-8 points above the bottom, after the confirmation.