#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

carrying heavy bags from yesterday's lows and this concerns me quite a bit

http://secure2.thest.....ryId=10371921

Posted Image

Edited by xD&Cox, 02 August 2007 - 10:47 AM.

#2 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

Uh-oh. Looks like he's decided that his call for selling all real estate and mortgage lenders won't affect the rest of the market? "Walk away from your house" :blink: :lol:

#3 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

Posted Image

To be fair Xd, this guy has been right on the money - literally these past months. And AJC for that matter.

Personally, I think we are midway thru a correction then UP UP we go, before a steeper correction later in the year. I still dont think "this is the one".
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#4 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:59 AM

He told to sell all tech when Qs was 42. I remember like yesterday. Of course after the market came back, he turned bullish again but this guy is a celebrate and great sentimental instrument.

Do you know how TheStreet.com poll looked like right at the top SPX=1555? ;)

Personally, I think we are midway thru a correction then UP UP we go, before a steeper correction later in the year. I still dont think "this is the one".

regarding the market stuff, i dont think we will plunge straight this time. We may be in a large trading range like SPX 1420-1560 or something...

the reason i went long was my system and indicators...its a short term swing thing... it wont last too long imo...

#5 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

xD,

Why you getting concerned over Cramer? I dont remember the last time he ran for cover, other than selling tech at Q=42. Otherwise he is a dip-buying perma-bull, why pay attention to it?

rkd

Posted Image

“be right and sit tight”

#6 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 11:29 AM

xD,

Why you getting concerned over Cramer? I dont remember the last time he ran for cover, other than selling tech at Q=42. Otherwise he is a dip-buying perma-bull, why pay attention to it?

rkd

Because I don't remember a time market came back on his dip buying in an IT decline...

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

What on earth is this T-5 ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

What on earth is this T-5 ?

It is a sentiment indicator... competitive to Mark's T-4

simple to use.

when he buys in a downtrend like now, you get out quick, dont even think, sell in a milisecond
when he sells in an uptrend like he did when Qs at 42, you buy with both fists

i made a mistake not following these rules in the past, but i dont repeat the same mistakes so often

Posted Image

Edited by xD&Cox, 02 August 2007 - 01:29 PM.

#9 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

XD, so you base your trading indicator on one person who you think is wrong all the time. Basically it is a bet that you are smarter than Cramer. I am not saying you are not. But I know his track record before he became a TV show host, and it is very respectable. He had his drawdowns and bad years, but overall he was a good manager and a very good fundamentalist. Denleo

#10 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

Personally I dont give a darn about his previous track record, the cramer that I am talking about is this one. He may be smarter than my dog but I know for a fact that he is not a good money manager to stay in the bussiness in all markets There is a reason he chosed to be a TV celebrate for a few million than getting %25+ from clients.