Volatility....

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:14 PM

Absolutely amazing ! 50-60 SPX point swings in a couple of hours both yesterday and today. In this market, either you are quick or dead. Timing is everything for the VST folks. I have developed so much distrust over this market over the last few weeks, that i don't trust both the up and downside. Just mindlessly playing the signals from my system, without having a real feel for the market. As i said in my morning post, it's a battle between the daily and weekly at this point, which is still unresolved. Once it's resolved, a massive move is coming. Until then, smart traders, who don't paint themselves as bulls or bears have opportunity for some good money on both the sides. P.S: After sometime, this kind of volatility can ruin a trader's bladder. Gosh, i can't even take a bathroom break :lol:

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 LarryT

LarryT

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

Absolutely amazing ! 50-60 SPX point swings in a couple of hours both yesterday and today. In this market, either you are quick or dead. Timing is everything for the VST folks. I have developed so much distrust over this market over the last few weeks, that i don't trust both the up and downside. Just mindlessly playing the signals from my system, without having a real feel for the market.

As i said in my morning post, it's a battle between the daily and weekly at this point, which is still unresolved. Once it's resolved, a massive move is coming. Until then, smart traders, who don't paint themselves as bulls or bears have opportunity for some good money on both the sides.

P.S: After sometime, this kind of volatility can ruin a trader's bladder. Gosh, i can't even take a bathroom break :lol:

I CALL THIS A "ROCKETS AND ANVILS" DAY. IF Thursday does not trade below 1477 we wil have a down cycle failure, a rare event. If it does trade below 1477 Thursday then the market did trade lower than the previous cycle high on 8-02

LT d:^)

Edited by LarryT, 08 August 2007 - 03:20 PM.

"If you are going to be dumb you gotta be tough"

Twitter site

d:^)

#3 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

Absolutely amazing ! 50-60 SPX point swings in a couple of hours both yesterday and today. In this market, either you are quick or dead. Timing is everything for the VST folks. I have developed so much distrust over this market over the last few weeks, that i don't trust both the up and downside. Just mindlessly playing the signals from my system, without having a real feel for the market.

As i said in my morning post, it's a battle between the daily and weekly at this point, which is still unresolved. Once it's resolved, a massive move is coming. Until then, smart traders, who don't paint themselves as bulls or bears have opportunity for some good money on both the sides.

P.S: After sometime, this kind of volatility can ruin a trader's bladder. Gosh, i can't even take a bathroom break :lol:

NAV, thanks for your contributions. Please do not leave to take a toliet break. We need you.

I am bringing this to your attention to help you so you can help us novices. You can take a toliet break at your computer. Check this out and it is only $14.99 :lol:

http://www.target.co...gt_adv_XSG10001
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#4 GOOSE2

GOOSE2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:25 PM

If your putting on 5 or 6 trades a day in this market and making money, you are good! If a daytrader can trade this market well, he can trade any market. I was going to take the today off, but put on 3 trades, made money on 2 of the 3. Only netted .75p , yes 3/4 of a pt. HA! Maybe I should of stayed with my plan to take the day off. WOW. I feel like I should go to the gym and put in some training, this is fall '98 all over again. I need beer.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

Markets fluctuate B)

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:29 PM

NAV, thanks for your contributions. Please do not leave to take a toliet break. We need you.

I am bringing this to your attention to help you so you can help us novices. You can take a toliet break at your computer. Check this out and it is only $14.99 :lol:

http://www.target.co...gt_adv_XSG10001

:lol:

#7 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

Markets fluctuate B)

This feels more like gyration and I love it. :D
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#8 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

I CALL THIS A "ROCKETS AND ANVILS" DAY. IF Thursday does not trade below 1477 we wil have a down cycle failure, a rare event. If it does trade below 1477 Thursday then the market did trade lower than the previous cycle high on 8-02

LT d:^)

Larry,

What's the implication of the cycle failure in your work ?

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

nice hat you got, I like the sticks in my curly hairs though, keeps me focused... $:^)

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

If your putting on 5 or 6 trades a day in this market and making money, you are good!

If a daytrader can trade this market well, he can trade any market.

I was going to take the today off, but put on 3 trades, made money on 2 of the 3. Only netted .75p , yes 3/4 of a pt. HA! Maybe I should of stayed with my plan to take the day off.

WOW.

I feel like I should go to the gym and put in some training, this is fall '98 all over again. I need beer.

I hear ya. Yep, 98 all over again !