Fearless Forecast

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Fed will hold an emergency meeting and cut rates by 50 basis points by the end of next week. This will spark a 400 point one day Dow rally. Of course the Dow might be at 12,500 by the time they actually pull the trigger.

#2 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

http://www.iht.com/a...09/mart.t_5.php

#3 VolPivots

VolPivots

• Chartist
  • 3,203 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

Was just thinking the same thing....though I think it'll be the ECB, not the Fed. Also, it'll either come coincident to or after the big news that the market seems to be anticipating....someone big must be in full liquidation mode--don't even want to consider the alternative.

Edited by marketneutral, 15 August 2007 - 09:33 PM.

#4 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Fed will hold an emergency meeting and cut rates by 50 basis points by the end of next week. This will spark a 400 point one day Dow rally. Of course the Dow might be at 12,500 by the time they actually pull the trigger.

They'll cut 'em allright. They will have no choice. But on {what they would have us believe is} their own time and terms. No emergency meetings. Just my fearless forecast. ;)

PS- I assume you saw this? From a string bellow.
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#5 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

Was just thinking the same thing....though I think it'll be the ECB, not the Fed. Also, it'll either come coincident to or after the big news that the market seems to be anticipating....someone big must be in full liquidation mode--don't even want to consider the alternative.

I am thinking the same thing, though I am speculating (with real money no doubt, long QLD!) it happens this week. We'll see if I become a pig and get slaughtered, LOL!

#6 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

IYb, I didnt see that. Fearless Forecast remains the same.

#7 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

IYb, I didnt see that. Fearless Forecast remains the same.

Didn't think it would change your mind, SL. They say a LOT of things that don't necessarily mean anything. :huh: :D
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#8 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

The BOJ better cut too or the rally in the Yen following any FED cut might kill the carry trade. The trillion dollar blood bath that will trigger will make the sell off so far look like a Sunday picnic.

#9 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

I doubt it. They'll cut -in September. Any cut here would cause a panic, not a bounce, imho.

Edited by thespookyone, 15 August 2007 - 10:24 PM.

#10 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:01 PM

Spooky, they will cut it, but the market will have more blood bath first. 10% correction is not enough for a cut, 15-20%, sure. The first stop is 1388 and then the market will not stop before 1350 now... Even this would makes only 13% decline, a lot of room to drop more...