Wow... is the mood bearish or what.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

Every post... I'm short or I'm looking to short... Everyone discussing fundamentals, how the banks will never lend again, how the consumers are in big trouble.. and so on ... This is depressing, kids.. time for a rally :)

#2 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

I noticed that too. I also noticed positions polls. I understand that a retest of the low is usually a high probability, but I think even if it comes, it will come a lot later than people think. Denleo

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

a retest of the low is usually a high probability

No it is not a high probability, it is bullchit.

Posted Image

#4 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

"No it is not a high probability, it is bullchit. " Your own chart would indicate a decent probability of a retest. Funny how when folks take a position-it seems their interpretation of data gets quite one sided.

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

No it is not a high probability, it is bullchit.

2006 did retest though, but looks like the others in your chart went up lots before higher tests came in.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#6 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:08 AM

"No it is not a high probability, it is bullchit. "

Your own chart would indicate a decent probability of a retest. Funny how when folks take a position-it seems their interpretation of data gets quite one sided.

yes after 6 months... but i assume this board will watch the sky at that time again

the only retest occured in the summer of 2006 and it came after a few weeks.

If you read my comments, I said those lows will not be seen in the next 2-4 weeks, I gurantee this to you.

So wishing and hoping will not help here, get over with it if you missed it.

denleo said it is high probablity, you can see on the chart that only 2006 tested the lows and it was not an immediate test like everybody and their grannies here expect.

so one occurance in a decade doesnt make it high probablity does it? assuming a test after a month is what you mean here...

Edited by A-ha, 20 August 2007 - 10:12 AM.

#7 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

Every post... I'm short or I'm looking to short...

This is depressing, kids.. time for a rally :)

The green dress that you put up the window is not selling.....While the red dresses are selling like hot cakes.....And you go to you boss and say "Let me order more green dresses".....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#8 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:14 AM

I'm flat, have nothing to get over-but,would never begin to base my trades on anyones "gurantee". Being flat, I have NO need to wish or hope.

#9 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:16 AM

XD, you have Da-Chief's personality. Even when you agree with someone, you argue for the sake of arguing. In the same spirit, I will say: NO, I guarantee we will not see August 16th lows for 2 to 4 weeks. Denleo

#10 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

Every post... I'm short or I'm looking to short...

This is depressing, kids.. time for a rally :)

The green dress that you put up the window is not selling.....While the red dresses are selling like hot cakes.....And you go to you boss and say "Let me order more green dresses".....

Was meaning to ask you....

That signature you're using... Do you really believe that stuff, or just put it up for the cool factor ? B)