So you think you stand a chance?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

Over the weekend on another board, I poasted my view of the action surrounding last weeks's Fed action:

It was a Wall Street problem: Thursday AM: Goldman to Paulsen to Ben, who caves but has to have a phone meeting (how quaint) with 10 other people. Word gets out that a meeting is being scheduled: Ben to Paulsen to Goldman around noon, chatter around 3.

Those who get tipped know the meeting isn't to raise anything.

And the kriminals sky it Thursday afternoon. (Snort)

(By the time Pool went to dinner instead of taking the meeting, so to not alert anybody, it was old news.)

There was also some hanky Friday morning. The rate news hit Dow Jones at 8:15, but somebody was standing by with the mouse cocked and loaded, watching the feed. According to the Naz time and sales data, the very last pre-market sale of the SPY at 8:14 was 141.65 - the very first at 8:15 was 145. Too good.

This evening, Da Chief reports on his site:

...got this email from a friend on the cboe......payday for da boyz...opex.....like nite follows day.
Another story from the trading floor, late last Thursday Goldman Sachs bot A LOT of OEX August calls. They cleaned up as we had the big gap up on Friday rumor has it they made somewhere between $200-250 mil. Sec. Paulson of course is the former chairman of GS. Like you say, the “insiders” know.

The Kinks - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia Blues

Edited by selecto, 22 August 2007 - 09:41 PM.

#2 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:44 PM

The Kinks - Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia BluesOver the weekend on another board, I poasted my view of the action surrounding last weeks's Fed action:

It was a Wall Street problem: Thursday AM: Goldman to Paulsen to Ben, who caves but has to have a phone meeting (how quaint) with 10 other people. Word gets out that a meeting is being scheduled: Ben to Paulsen to Goldman around noon, chatter around 3.

Those who get tipped know the meeting isn't to raise anything.

And the kriminals sky it Thursday afternoon. (Snort)

(By the time Pool went to dinner instead of taking the meeting, so to not alert anybody, it was old news.)

There was also some hanky Friday morning. The rate news hit Dow Jones at 8:15, but somebody was standing by with the mouse cocked and loaded, watching the feed. According to the Naz time and sales data, the very last pre-market sale of the SPY at 8:14 was 141.65 - the very first at 8:15 was 145. Too good.

This evening, Da Chief reports on his site:

...got this email from a friend on the cboe......payday for da boyz...opex.....like nite follows day.
Another story from the trading floor, late last Thursday Goldman Sachs bot A LOT of OEX August calls. They cleaned up as we had the big gap up on Friday rumor has it they made somewhere between $200-250 mil. Sec. Paulson of course is the former chairman of GS. Like you say, the “insiders” know.

Who tried to fade on Friday pre-open

http://www.traders-t...showtopic=74980

It was all over on charts...

Posted by: __1Best__
In reply to: rainbow12345 who wrote msg# 2091
Date:8/15/2007 12:44:45 PM
Post #of 2310

Markets are at pivotal supports. Reversing at the supports...
Short squeeze to upside.

Markets are oversold and, now showing positive divergences and positive D+ breadth on weekly.

~~~

LT SPX target is SPX 1600 +/-

SPX corrected 38% of Jun-Jul 2006 rally. Markets have corrected with the subprime drama.

Bullish Sentiment: High insider buying, Buffett bullish sentiment, CSCO bullish sentiment, Soros bullish sentiment ... they are buying

~~~

Date:7/16/2007 12:51:54 PM
Post #of 2089

RB, market is heading to SPX 1600 since it is showing a breakout; this does not mean that we do not have bearish, underlying fundamentals. We need to see how much market will retrace for vst correction since we are seeing a strong trend. Normally it is fib retracements, i.e. 28% and 34% for bullish market.

Edited by Trend-Signals, 22 August 2007 - 09:52 PM.

Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#3 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

That kind of move wasn't on ANYBODY's charts.

#4 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:04 PM

I was scared, but charts said market was about to reverse.

Post #of 2310

Short squeeze to upside.

Markets are oversold and, now showing positive divergences and positive D+ breadth on weekly.

#5 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

I said what I meant. I meant what I said. I said what I meant to say. I meant to say what I said. I said what I said the way I meant to say it. I meant to say what I said the way I said it.

#6 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

On the 60 minute, one could have justifiably bought the 1:00 bar near its completion before 2. Da Chief nailed it.

#7 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

I was scared, but charts said market was about to reverse.

Post #of 2310

Short squeeze to upside.

didnt you get stopped out like I did that night when Japan was down 5% !!!!

Paulson that night came out and said the fed wasnt going to do anything!!! what a crock of [bleeeep] this guys are

#8 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:27 PM

IC
Posted Image

didnt you get stopped out like I did that night when Japan was down 5% !!!!

Paulson that night came out and said the fed wasnt going to do anything!!! what a crock of [bleeeep] this guys are

read my post again. and PM

http://www.traders-t...showtopic=74980

It was all over on charts...

Post #of 2310

Short squeeze to upside.

~~~

LT SPX target is SPX 1600 +/-

SPX corrected 38% of Jun-Jul 2006 rally. Markets have corrected with the subprime drama.

Bullish Sentiment: High insider buying, Buffett bullish sentiment, CSCO bullish sentiment, Soros bullish sentiment ... they are buying

~~~

Date:7/16/2007 12:51:54 PM
Post #of 2089

RB, market is heading to SPX 1600 since it is showing a breakout; this does not mean that we do not have bearish, underlying fundamentals. We need to see how much market will retrace for vst correction since we are seeing a strong trend. Normally it is fib retracements, i.e. 28% and 34% for bullish market.

Edited by Trend-Signals, 22 August 2007 - 10:28 PM.

#9 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:56 PM

On the 60 minute, one could have justifiably bought the 1:00 bar near its completion before 2. Da Chief nailed it.

https://www.blogger....mp;isPopup=true

Posted Image

Edited by Trend-Signals, 22 August 2007 - 10:57 PM.

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:39 PM

I got a hourly buy at 2:00 Est that day and bought at ES 1391. But i also sold it at 1408 for a quick 17 pointer, which i posted here real-time. But did i know that next morning we would gap-up to 1470. Heck no. Were any of you guys tipped by the criminals that they would cut the rate ? No this kind of of move was just not on anyone's charts. If anyone says that post fact, it's just a bunch of baloney.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV