• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

95% returned to lender with no bid.

Edited by Sentient Being, 25 August 2007 - 11:59 AM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#2 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 02:25 PM

I don't know much about the foreclosure biz. But can I get a great deal for myself and family now? Should I wait? Also, how would I find out how to pursue purchasing something along these lines.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#3 raleigh

raleigh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:17 PM

Google "foreclosure" for tons of info, etc etc

#4 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,053 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

One problem with foreclosures is you may have a hard time to get current residents out.

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,025 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

Sharks are circling. There'll be a feeding frenzy if the financial system doesn't implode.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 humble1

humble1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

just the beginning of the beginning. the wave peak of the resets is moons away. then it will take time to hit the homeowners hard enough to have them spit up the houses. everyone is talking about helping the mortgage companies and banks; no one seems to be thinking of the homeowners who were screwed. before it is over, the emphasis will shift. patience will be rewarded. if 95% are going back to lenders, after a while THEY wil start spitting them up. and if you buy from a lender you can see the property and maybe get a good loan from them, if you want one. sam zell repeatedly has told us the key: buy FROM distressed owners NOT distressed properties. only buy from a reputable seller who can guarantee the representations and after a FULL house survey. you have LOTS oF time. IMHO !

Edited by humble1, 25 August 2007 - 07:16 PM.

#7 cgnx

cgnx

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:57 PM

Thanks Humble. We currently do not own a home so my goal is to do some homework to not only find where we want to live but when should we buy. Unlike stocks which can have price swings from day to day, I think house prices are more like turning a ship around. The fundamentals for that turn are not apparent to me. I guess I could always wait for home prices to begin going up again.
If it can be cornered, it will.

#8 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:15 PM

i'm more concerned about the thousands of future foreclosures that are still being built, and i mean there are thousands and thousands in the area.

most of these are high density housing and even in the best of times resemble tenements (imo).

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#9 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:59 PM

Humble1: patience will be rewarded.

I think so too, Humble1. "When to buy" amounts to bottom-picking, and most of us know how that goes. Still, very patient here, and loving it so far.

Doug

#10 Trend-Shifter

Trend-Shifter

• Traders-Talk User
  • 323 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:01 AM

The foreclosure minimum bids are still too high. There is too large of a gap from being able to buy a house and rent the house for any return now that the appreciation bubble has burst.
Only in geometry can a line go into infinity.