• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

Victims by Perpetrator Relationship, 2005

This bar graphs shows that 40.4 percent of child victims were maltreated by their mothers acting alone; another 18.3 percent were maltreated by their fathers acting alone; 17.3 percent were abused by both their mother and father. Victims abused by a nonparental perpetrator accounted for 10.7 percent.

http://www.acf.hhs.g...5/figure3_5.htm
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#2 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:28 AM

A more subtle form of maternal child abuse: It makes me think strongly about so many mothers who infantalize their children consciously or unconsciously? This point is not clear to me. Some women may have a real pathological and uncontrollable drive to remain mothers. Their goal seems very clear. Remain a mother. Remain a needed mother. Remain young. Such mothers what to show the neighborhood "see how well I educate my child," and doing in fact exactly the opposite. They actually poorly socialize their kids to keep them dependant on their mom, the "only one able to understand them". The number of very precise and efficient tricks and tactics used to accomplish this is amazing. Of course the concerned child also remain young. At 30 always at mom's home (or in jail), depending on mom's money, etc. Could any child escape this kind of situation? How? It's so cool to stay a child. This seems much more common today than 20 years ago.

Edited by stocks, 29 August 2007 - 11:29 AM.

-- -
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#3 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:11 PM

A more subtle form of maternal child abuse:

It makes me think strongly about so many mothers who infantalize their children consciously or unconsciously? This point is not clear to me. Some women may have a real pathological and uncontrollable drive to remain mothers. Their goal seems very clear. Remain a mother. Remain a needed mother. Remain young.

Such mothers what to show the neighborhood "see how well I educate my child," and doing in fact exactly the opposite. They actually poorly socialize their kids to keep them dependant on their mom, the "only one able to understand them". The number of very precise and efficient tricks and tactics used to accomplish this is amazing.

Of course the concerned child also remain young. At 30 always at mom's home (or in jail), depending on mom's money, etc. Could any child escape this kind of situation? How? It's so cool to stay a child. This seems much more common today than 20 years ago.

Someone needs to straighten the judge in the Dillon Cossey case out. The 14-year-old boy apparently planned a Columbine-style attack on a local school. Dillon Cossey apparently wasn't too close to carrying out the plan--for one, he didn't have ammunition. But the case's real shocker is this--Montgomery County Judge Paul Tressler put some of the blame for the boy's pathology on the boy's mother.

According to news reports, the judge criticized her for creating an "unhealthy relationship" with her son, and for instilling in him a "me and mom against the world" attitude. Tressler said, "This kid has been so totally desocialized, he has no friends." Looking directly at Michele Cossey, he said: "You want this kid dependent on you? Go buy a dog, go buy a pet."

I'm floored--normally we fall all over ourselves to figure out how somehow it's never mom's fault. The men in black robes do it as much as anybody. At best, we usually get the "it's really mom's fault but that's not PC, so we're going to pretend it's 'both' parents' fault." In this case the boy's dad is no prize, either, but the judge was willing to tell the truth as he saw it.

Of course, perhaps the judge's reaction is understated--after all, the mother apparently helped the boy build his weapons stash by buying him a .22-caliber handgun, a .22-caliber rifle and the 9 mm semiautomatic rifle. Wow.

The mother is awaiting trial, where she can expect to receive a punishment a fraction as severe as she would if she were a man

http://mensnewsdaily...-little-harder/
-- -

#4 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:11 PM

It is often claimed that children are safer with their mothers than with their fathers. 14 years of data say otherwise.

The media — including the news, TV shows and even movies – reinforce this false claim by disproportionately covering father-perpetrated abuse and ignoring mother-perpetrated abuse.

Global women’s organizations like the United Nations Women have actively promoted and capitalized on this by portraying fathers as violent abusers of children in their morally-reprehensible campaigns.

The data clearly show that 70.1% of the children abused by one parent, were abused by their mothers and 69.8% of children killed by one parent, were killed by their mothers.

Furthermore, mothers have been the predominant abusers and killers of children throughout this entire period of 14 years.

http://www.sciencevs...dhhs-1999-2012/
-- -