Photo

Will the Fed cut rates ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think ?

Rate cut Sept 18th ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

How low will they cut in the next few month ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:42 PM

TIA.

#2 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

I think they cut at next meeting 50-75 basis points. Kudlow is on in 15min so I'll hear what his republican pals have wispered to him.

Edited by BigBadBear, 30 August 2007 - 03:45 PM.

#3 DraggdOut

DraggdOut

• Traders-Talk User
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

You forgot the "Who the #$&! cares?" option :)

#4 danzman

danzman

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 908 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

Does anyone follow Fed Fund futures? Those guys price it right 90%+ of the time.

Here's what will happen:

September: 25 basis point cut

November: 25 basis point cut

December: 25 basis point cut

Don't guess, follow what real money is saying

http://www.tfc-chart...com/chart/FF/C7

D
I don't make predictions, I just react.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

Does anyone follow Fed Fund futures? Those guys price it right 90%+ of the time.

This isn't about the futures... this is about sentiment and expectations :)

#6 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:06 PM

I think they cut at next meeting 50-75 basis points. Kudlow is on in 15min so I'll hear what his republican pals have wispered to him.

Sigh... I thought you are Bernanke, his speech writer or heard some very juicy bullish insider information.

Edited by risktaker, 30 August 2007 - 05:12 PM.

#7 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

If he doesn't then we are all seriously F*$%%D! deflationary spiral.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#8 IYB

IYB

• TT Patron+
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

This one's a no brainer.... ;)
“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, one by one.” Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds

#9 toni

toni

• Traders-Talk User
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

I guess I don't have a brain. I don't know what the Fed will do. I hope not cut rates. The people engaging in this behavier that has caused this mess deserves to lose a lot of money. For the Fed to bail these sharpies out would be an outrage. toni

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

The sub-prime fiasco, the ensuing credit bubble, the bond ratings subterfuse, etc all are DIRECT RESULTS of Greenspans rate cuts. If Bernanke has half an ounce of brain, he will not repeat Greenspin's blunders. Also, greenspan could get away from the rate cuts because US$ was relatively speaking stronger than it is now. Further cuts will seriously erode the already sinking dollar and that is guaranteed to spike inflation. Has any economy ever prospered by adding fiat credit and bubble liquidity? I am not aware of any. It always ends very ugly. So, I am looking for just a token cut in 2007, just to soothe the frazzled nerves of the financial markets. The ARM's resets will take place as scheduled regardless of what Fed does. And even a small increase in rate adjustment will doom a lot of overextended homeowners. There is no magic solution to over-borrowing. It always ends badly. p.s. I am still long in my trading account and if rate cut is announced it will give me an exit point out of longs.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule