end of day forecast?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rkd80

rkd80

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

Those are who trading today, any predictions on how the day will end?I feel like in general the pattern has been to follow through and while we have on occasion seen a mid-day sell-off, lately that has not happened.  So after getting rid of my es longs in the morning before the open, I have re-entered at 1478.25 - but I am not super confident about this one. 
“be right and sit tight”

#2 Cirrus

Cirrus

• TT Patron+
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:48 PM

With 7 to 1 positive breadth at 1:45 PM I wouldn't think we close substantially below current levels. We may not have the bullish energy to close above the 8-24 highs though. The problem is that volume is anemic on both exchanges given the magnitude of today's event and the breadth.

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

as much as I'd like to see it sell off....weekly oex options expiring and I think we close between 687.50 and 690 OEX...so about where we are now..... I took 40% of my short off at 79 from 83.50 and put a breakeven stop on balance...don't think I'll hold over the weekend though..

#4 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

End of day forecast? Me, in the mountains, enjoying the sunset, with 100% cash for the long weekend.

#5 atlasshrugged

atlasshrugged

• TT Patron+
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:24 PM

Those are who trading today, any predictions on how the day will end?I feel like in general the pattern has been to follow through and while we have on occasion seen a mid-day sell-off, lately that has not happened. So after getting rid of my es longs in the morning before the open, I have re-entered at 1478.25 - but I am not super confident about this one.

i say we sell off into the 1469 1472 area and hover till Tuesday

#6 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

With this pre-holiday volume, it's a total crapshoot. Once the volume comes back next week, it should get exciting and one can trade with more certainity. I am 100% cash as well.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#7 skunk

skunk

• Traders-Talk User
  • 141 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

Those are who trading today, any predictions on how the day will end?I feel like in general the pattern has been to follow through and while we have on occasion seen a mid-day sell-off, lately that has not happened.  So after getting rid of my es longs in the morning before the open, I have re-entered at 1478.25 - but I am not super confident about this one. 

Late Friday trades seem to be a good way to give back a good chunk of money you made all week :(

#8 gorydog

gorydog

• Traders-Talk User
  • 738 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:05 PM

Late Friday trades seem to be a good way to give back a good chunk of money you made all week :(

close at the highs I say

GD

#9 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:30 PM

690 oex is my call

#10 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

LOL....the weekly oex 690 puts got down to a dime 10 minutes before close....they closed at 2.50 but ran and traded at 3.....I know darn well someone played it

Edited by Teaparty, 31 August 2007 - 03:09 PM.