• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

:( From 6:00am this morning till 1:30pm this afternoon, how many post has there been made on TA or trading REGARDLESS of time frame? Maybe RodgerDodger was correct, do we need a "gas" board? :lol: :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

anyone have an upside target projection or TA idea related to "how high" for GLD? several miners also at new highs today - GOLD ABX fib posted data on the weekend indicating caution because of breadth on this move up in miners....if I understand.

Edited by hiker, 11 September 2007 - 12:54 PM.

#3 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:26 PM

anyone have an upside target projection or TA idea related to "how high" for GLD?

several miners also at new highs today -

GOLD
ABX

fib posted data on the weekend indicating caution because of breadth on this move up in miners....if I understand.

2000oz plus....that 18 year bear mkt that bottomed at 2.55 oz was a B wave at the least...the C is gonna be huge....

Edited by da_cheif, 11 September 2007 - 01:27 PM.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:28 PM

fib posted data on the weekend indicating caution because of breadth on this move up in miners....if I understand.

Yes, the PM breadth statistics were lagging after last week, but this doesn't necessarily mean that they'll won't play catch up either knowing how emotional this sector can get....it's just a caution sign at this stage.

I did make another post this past weekend that could add some clarity to the current situation for the boards further consideration:

Current Count

As far as upside price objectives are concerned, the current target for spot gold is $725, + or - $5.00

Fib

Posted Image

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:37 PM

thank you, Dave.

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:39 PM

:)
As posted and suggested above, $730ish is the first area target. The PnF calculation is $840.
Based on just basic TL, assuming $730 is exceeded after a pullback, then $765ish next target.

Posted Image

IMO the dollar will play a less and less role in the advance of gold. Could be wrong, have been before, have been right also. B)
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

:(
From 6:00am this morning till 1:30pm this afternoon, how many post has there been made on TA or trading REGARDLESS of time frame?

Maybe RodgerDodger was correct, do we need a "gas" board? :lol:
:cat:

The obsession towards fundamental stuff is getting out of control on this board. We have overnight experts in CDO, CDS, MBS, ABS, CP......And the TA experts have dissapeared somewhere.

Me, just collected 7 ES points today (posted on my blog) and calling it a day.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:42 PM

Yes, the PM breadth statistics were lagging after last week, but this doesn't necessarily mean that they'll won't play catch up either knowing how emotional this sector can get....it's just a caution sign at this stage.

I did make another post this past weekend that could add some clarity to the current situation for the boards further consideration:

Current Count

As far as upside price objectives are concerned, the current target for spot gold is $725, + or - $5.00

Fib

Posted Image

do urself a big favor......do the analysis on the monthly chart of the JAGI.....ulll get a feel for whats coming........ :P

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

$855 should be the next major target based on the breakout of the huge wedge since the high of 2006.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#10 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:26 PM

do the analysis on the monthly chart of the JAGI

Janus Hotels and Resorts? No longer trading?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions