Lol...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:36 AM

“What we are experiencing is a global bull market of titanic proportions. It involves not only the US and Europe . This primary bull market involves the nations of China , India , Asia and Africa . In scope, it’s a bull market unlike any that has ever been seen before. As older subscribers know, I’m always studying the action of the market and, occasionally, I must revise my thinking – in order to get in line with the reality of the situation. I believe the “bear market” of 2000-2002 was the correction that divides the second and third phase of this longest and greatest of all bull markets. In other words, I believe we are now in the early stages of the third and most speculative phase of this great bull market. How long this phase is fated to last, and how far it will carry on the upside, I don’t know. But it should be an absolute whopper, ending in rising inflation and maybe even hyper-inflation.” (12-Sep-07) Richard Russell’s Dow Theory Letters, POB 1759, La Jolla, CA 92038

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

“What we are experiencing is a global bull market of titanic proportions. It involves not only the US and Europe . This primary bull market involves the nations of China , India , Asia and Africa . In scope, it’s a bull market unlike any that has ever been seen before.

As older subscribers know, I’m always studying the action of the market and, occasionally, I must revise my thinking – in order to get in line with the reality of the situation. I believe the “bear market” of 2000-2002 was the correction that divides the second and third phase of this longest and greatest of all bull markets.

In other words, I believe we are now in the early stages of the third and most speculative phase of this great bull market. How long this phase is fated to last, and how far it will carry on the upside, I don’t know. But it should be an absolute whopper, ending in rising inflation and maybe even hyper-inflation.” (12-Sep-07)

Richard Russell’s Dow Theory Letters, POB 1759, La Jolla, CA 92038

What a joke, this guy has been completely wrogn throughout the bull market and now he turns bullish in a major way. Must be a fade, no????!!!

Truly staggering.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:45 AM

Short to intermediate term on price I'm not sure if we are on our way to the moon now or we have some more volatile swings in a wide range before hitting new highs. The oex:spx ratio has broken out but I'd like to see the ndx:spx ratio join it to confirm a very large leg up.
Just something to watch.

Posted Image
Click Here to see Full Sized Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:03 AM

Teaparty, I don't think the NDX:SPX needs to confirm. NDX = technological innovation. SPX = financials, industrials and commodities. Commodities are the biggest driver for the time being. And if 1995-2000 run was driven by technological innovation this run is led by commodities and broader spectrum of industries. So NDX doesn't have to outperform. I would expect NDX to start outperforming in the later phase as we move into more speculative environment. Because NDX is also synonimous with speculation in sexi stocks. Technological innovation = sexi.

#5 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:04 AM

hi tp as always a pleasure but what do you think about the argument that since we have moved away from the dot.com bubble we should not be expecting confirmation through ndx:spx

#6 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:15 AM

All I'm saying is that ndx is going to play a roll in this next leg up , especially big cap tech....I've been pointing out csco all through the correction as a reason that we were in ONLY a correction as many were saying it was the end of the bull. ...and we would be going to new highs. CSCO was like Superman while we got our first 10% correction. "confirmation" may not have been the best word to use...I really meant that if/when that ratio breaks out....there is going to be a power move.

#7 JAP

JAP

• Traders-Talk User
  • 575 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:23 AM

Cheif starts posting again after a +330 point day. :lol: Where were you at SPX 1370? B)

#8 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:36 AM

another one to keep an eye on...I expect ndx to outperform compq on a relative basis.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NDX:$COMPQ&p=W&yr=10&mn=8&dy=0&i=p16718866931&a=117047271&r=6967.png

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

Cheif starts posting again after a +330 point day. :lol:

Where were you at SPX 1370? B)

i was here at the exact day and time...where were u...

http://siliconinvest.....srchtxt=Im in

#10 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:46 AM

Cheif starts posting again after a +330 point day. :lol:

Where were you at SPX 1370? B)

i was here at the exact day and time...where were u...

http://siliconinvest.....srchtxt=Im in

We never hit 1374 on the ES. So how could you possibly be in ?

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV