• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:51 AM

http://finance.yahoo...I&amp...&q=b&c=

Hang Seng up more than 30% in the last 1 month.

Stock market changes - It's all about repricing stocks based on available liquidity (which in turn is linked to currency debasement). It's got nothing to do with discounting the future earnings or economy. It's a myth. It's a baloney theory to hold back the intellectuals from participating in the stock market. A rational human being cannot participate in these stock markets, unless one yields to the fact that it's all about liquidity. No wonder most intellectuals are Perma bears !

What in heavans are these countries discounting - Brazil, Hong Kong, Russia, India, China, Mexico ? 600-800% rallies in 4 years on a broad market index ?????? Geez, gimme a break guys. :wacko: It's the Liquidity stupid !

Edited by NAV, 27 September 2007 - 08:00 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:56 AM

Is that looking at them through the dollar? Any way to look at them in their own currency? I would think that would change the chart on them but am not sure.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#3 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:57 AM

Asia is becoming the center of global growth and economic activity. People are much more comfortable investing and speculation in asian stocks then in US stocks. Thats why every piece of crap chineese small cap stock is on fire. As for specificaly Hong Kong, just a few weeks ago China mainland investors were allowed to invest into HK stocks.. thats whats causing the rally. There is plenty of liquidity out there, its just people are scared to jam US stocks, because of fears and paranoias. So they are jamming china stocks. In retrospect I should've bought much more YTEC:( I have quite a bit, but its never enough.. I'm greedy :) Can you beleive that I was looking at JRJC at 13 and passed, because I thought it looked expensive ? lol

Edited by ogm, 27 September 2007 - 08:06 AM.

#4 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

Asia is becoming the center of global growth and economic activity. People are much more comfortable investing and speculation in asian stocks then in US stocks. Thats why every piece of crap chineese small cap stock is on fire.

As for specificaly Hong Kong, just a few weeks ago China mainland investors were allowed to invest into HK stocks.. thats whats causing the rally.

There is plenty of liquidity out there, its just people are scared to jam US stocks, because of fears and paranoias. So they are jamming china stocks.

In retrospect I should've bought much more YTEC:( I have quite a bit, but its never enough.. I'm greedy :)

Can you beleive that I was looking at JRJC at 13 and passed, because I thought it looked expensive ? lol

OGM, what do you think of FFHL, KONG? What do you like about YTEC besides price
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time.

#5 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:27 AM

Asia is becoming the center of global growth and economic activity. People are much more comfortable investing and speculation in asian stocks then in US stocks. Thats why every piece of crap chineese small cap stock is on fire.

As for specificaly Hong Kong, just a few weeks ago China mainland investors were allowed to invest into HK stocks.. thats whats causing the rally.

There is plenty of liquidity out there, its just people are scared to jam US stocks, because of fears and paranoias. So they are jamming china stocks.

In retrospect I should've bought much more YTEC:( I have quite a bit, but its never enough.. I'm greedy :)

Can you beleive that I was looking at JRJC at 13 and passed, because I thought it looked expensive ? lol

I think YTEC is just plain cheap relative to growth and prospects. Besides YTEC has some top growth funds buying/eyeing it. I just like the fundies.

Haven't followed FFHL or KONG, I'll look em up.

Keep in mind this kind of frenzy that is going in Chineese small caps is highly speculative and usualy precedes a correction phase in the big market. (China) ... There is no way to tell how long it will last or how high it will go. But I'd be very careful playing this kind of trend.

I have a couple other speculative China stocks, but they are very short term positions, like CDS, that I haven't posted on the blog. I think its cheap too. But its also very highly speculative.

I prefer quality stuff, like GIGM, SNDA, CMED, AOB.. but they aren't as explosive as that micro cap stuff.

Edited by ogm, 27 September 2007 - 08:30 AM.

#6 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:33 AM

NAV You have it right. Good to know which is the dog and which is the tale. TM

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:40 AM

I think YTEC is just plain cheap relative to growth and prospects. Besides YTEC has some top growth funds buying/eyeing it. I just like the fundies.

There you go. Again delving into the dark area of funnymentals. What's else is there to like other than price ? If it's a 4 letter ticker and belongs to asia, just buy buy buy !. Don't ya remember the heady days of Ariba, Commerce one, E-Piphany....they were all cheap relative to their future growth prospects :P . Some folks thought 10 bucks was expensive for them. Then they all exploded into 500-600 dollah range and then came back to zero (so much for the future growth prospects theory and the discounting mechanism baloney) .

P.S - I just sprained my neck looking up at the YTEC chart B)

Edited by NAV, 27 September 2007 - 08:43 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:41 AM

Haven't followed FFHL or KONG, I'll look em up.

Keep in mind this kind of frenzy that is going in Chineese small caps is highly speculative and usualy precedes a correction phase in the big market. (China) ... There is no way to tell how long it will last or how high it will go. But I'd be very careful playing this kind of trend.

I have a couple other speculative China stocks, but they are very short term positions, like CDS, that I haven't posted on the blog. I think its cheap too. But its also very highly speculative.

I prefer quality stuff, like GIGM, SNDA, CMED, AOB.. but they aren't as explosive as that micro cap stuff.

Thanks for the heads up will keep stop loss close. I will check the quality out. Best to you!
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

#9 risktaker

risktaker

• Traders-Talk User
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:43 AM

What seems to be Chinese/Hong Kong trash stocks has been going bananas lately.
OGM, do you happen to know whether LTON, HRAY and CNTF are any good? Thanks a lot!

#10 skyymaster

skyymaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:01 AM

What seems to be Chinese/Hong Kong trash stocks has been going bananas lately.
OGM, do you happen to know whether LTON, HRAY and CNTF are any good? Thanks a lot!

Hey, aren't you Risktaker :lol: Take a look at what NAV said. There is an important lesson to be reminded of. But for now, Hurray or HRAY, no pun intended :P