15 replies to this topic

#1 iloli way

iloli way

iloli = I'm Laws Of Line's I(eye)

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:55 AM

http://www.minyanvil...7/index/a/14311

"That’s what makes the call so difficult: We are in the timeframe for a test of the July high based on both time and price considerations. However, given the symmetry and the current position of the market, my judgment is that either the S&P should not go much higher than the July high unless the message of the market is that it is going substantially higher.

In that sense the strategy here actually becomes rather clear: either the market is very close to a high or it is going much higher, right here right now. Importantly, as occurred in July, if the market fails to follow-through and offsets Monday’s “breakout, it may prove to be a fractal of the crystal clear “breakout” on July 12 this year.

Clearly, the S&P appears to be in a strong position, having captured the 1529 low of the July 20 sell signal bar as well as the 1540 level of the June 1st high.

At the same time, another failed breakout and test failure here should define a top in October in a year ending in seven.

With the average stock not following the DJIA’s move and the Dow Transportation Index failing to confirm the action in the DJIA, we have to be defensive no matter how frenzied Monday’s price action. While the above divergences are typical of market tops, it is important to remember that divergences can confound and persist for a while. Be that as it may, if these divergences sink into a reversal, the hunt for Red October may be on."
PRICE IS KING; LINE RULES! - Laws Of Line (LOL) Trading Systems
Swing Those Lines: I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people! -- Issac Newton

#2 ogm

ogm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,780 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:19 AM

The amount of scepticism is simply incredible.

#3 Bob-C

Bob-C

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,316 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:20 AM

http://www.minyanvil...7/index/a/14311

"That's what makes the call so difficult: We are in the timeframe for a test of the July high based on both time and price considerations. However, given the symmetry and the current position of the market, my judgment is that either the S&P should not go much higher than the July high unless the message of the market is that it is going substantially higher.

In that sense the strategy here actually becomes rather clear: either the market is very close to a high or it is going much higher, right here right now. Importantly, as occurred in July, if the market fails to follow-through and offsets Monday's "breakout, it may prove to be a fractal of the crystal clear "breakout" on July 12 this year.

Clearly, the S&P appears to be in a strong position, having captured the 1529 low of the July 20 sell signal bar as well as the 1540 level of the June 1st high.

At the same time, another failed breakout and test failure here should define a top in October in a year ending in seven.

With the average stock not following the DJIA's move and the Dow Transportation Index failing to confirm the action in the DJIA, we have to be defensive no matter how frenzied Monday's price action. While the above divergences are typical of market tops, it is important to remember that divergences can confound and persist for a while. Be that as it may, if these divergences sink into a reversal, the hunt for Red October may be on."

Thanks for the article goflow. ;)

Cheers, ;)

Bob-C
Disclaimer: None of my posts are meant to be taken as investment advice or trading advice. Do your own due diligence and consult your financial advisor before making any trades or investments.

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:22 AM

OGM...when/if SPX 1565 is touched, simply remember that optimism among bulls is at its best at a top...sorry, could not resist since you are pointing out the other side regularly. thanks for all your stock pick ideas....you deserve much credit for taking the time here to share them. I reentered GRMN long yest. at the test of a daily MA, but am not staying forever.

Edited by hiker, 02 October 2007 - 08:24 AM.

#5 iloli way

iloli way

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:27 AM

The amount of scepticism is simply incredible.

How is "amount'..."incredible"? Please tell how do you quantify that remark. Thanks.

Jeff called the July high, see his archive, his opinions deemed consistent as far as I know.
Swing Those Lines: I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people! -- Issac Newton

#6 youmast

youmast

• TT Patron+
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:31 AM

it may prove to be a fractal of ....

And you, Brutus! :cry:

How many times I've heard this word?

And I've never seen the market moving in the right direction after this....

#7 iloli way

iloli way

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:43 AM

it may prove to be a fractal of ....

And you, Brutus! :cry:

How many times I've heard this word?

And I've never seen the market moving in the right direction after this....

well, there's first time for everything, even with my age, I don't rule out unexpected, and I am not THAT old.

#8 iloli way

iloli way

• TT Member*
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:53 AM

[/quote] Thanks for the article goflow. ;) Cheers, ;) Bob-C [/quote] Thank you, Bob. I maybe less than a month here, do try to keep my money and mouth together. :)

#9 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:01 AM

don't know who jeff cooper is, but to sum up what he says in that post........ SPX either tops around here or it will go higher. there are divergences that may mean the market has topped but sometimes markets go higher despite divergences. if the market declines signaled by the divergences, maybe it will be a big oct decline. so SPX might go up or down. thats a ballsy call. :lol:
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#10 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:01 AM

"either the S&P should not go much higher than the July high unless the message of the market is that it is going substantially higher." A useless prediction, he has one foot on the exit and one foot on the entrance, talking out of both sides of the mouth.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/