Best true story I've ever heard

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Spectacular Bid

Spectacular Bid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:03 AM

A very close friend of one of my dearest friends, who I know very well, recently went to a wedding in New Jersey. A Jewish wedding. Before the ceremony both families were on the stage or bima. The parents of both children had met before, although I'm not sure how many times , but the grandparents who were all alive and in their 80's had never met before. The grandfather of one of the children getting married who had been looking and looking at the grandmother of the other child, finally says to her, "you were my wife". There was silence and he says again, "you were my wife". After talking to each other they confirmed that they indeed were married. They were married very young, had no children and were taken to the concentration camps where they were seperated. Both looked for each other after the war ended, but both thought each other was dead. Since most or all of their relatives had been wiped out, they had no one to check with and records were terrible. Sixty plus years later after they had moved to this country and had families of their own, there they were, sitting on a stage watching the grandchildren of their new families getting married to each other and once again becoming family. I believe it will soon be on either the Today show or Good Morning America. If I find out I'll give a heads up for anyone who wants to watch. I thought it was amazing.

#2 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

That is amazing...give a heads up or a news link if you find one. ...my wife would really enjoy that.

#3 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:18 AM

You're right. That's an amazing story.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

i got the bumps on that one....it proves that there is a God.

#5 Drano

Drano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 481 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 09:37 AM

Please do keep us posted if there is any news story on TV or other media.

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,038 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:06 AM

Really cool story. Thanks for posting it. It brings tears to the eyes. Though I do wonder if the odds of this happening are as astronomical as they seem at first. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:12 AM

Truly amazing !.

Edited by NAV, 03 October 2007 - 10:13 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#8 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:15 AM

It is a small world indeed.
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#9 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:16 AM

The decimation of the Jews was so successful by Hitler, that there are still fewer Jews in the world today than there were before the Holocaust. Amazing. After the war, there was tremendous lost time in displaced persons camps until little by little people were moved either to Israel or New York. Fewer ended up in Chicago, LA, and a few came in through smaller ports, like Texas. Another small batch went to South America. So yes, the odds are pretty good that ultimately some survivors would be able to reconnect within the small community that exists. A bittersweet story. So much tragedy. Such pointless and horrific loss. I know we're not supposed to talk about religion but.... mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#10 milbank

milbank

• TT Patron+
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:31 AM

The decimation of the Jews was so successful by Hitler, that there are still fewer Jews in the world today than there were before the Holocaust. Amazing.

After the war, there was tremendous lost time in displaced persons camps until little by little people were moved either to Israel or New York. Fewer ended up in Chicago, LA, and a few came in through smaller ports, like Texas. Another small batch went to South America.

So yes, the odds are pretty good that ultimately some survivors would be able to reconnect within the small community that exists.

A bittersweet story. So much tragedy. Such pointless and horrific loss.

I know we're not supposed to talk about religion but....

mm

I too have the same feelings that all of you have posted. All of them.

Another amazing thing is that they were both still alive after all this time.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
--George Bernard Shaw

"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe