If it ain't got that swing: The Sequel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 01:38 AM

Good day for the Nasdaq Friday, up 1.71 percent. Better day for stocks with swing: RIMM 13.28% DRYS 5.79% AAPL 4.58% FSLR 4.29% GRMN 2.72% BIDU 2.22% LVS 0.57% WYNN 0.30% JRJC -4.40% Here's to many good days...

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 thoughtpwr

thoughtpwr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 10:16 AM

Note on WYNN: WYNN met is Point and Figure target of 162 and that same day (last week) sold off immediately in reaction. I sold mine at 165, based upon hourly structures leading up to the reaching of the P&F goal. The subsequent three bar reversal indicates that WYNN has a bearish correction to undergo, with the target in the range of 118. I plan to sit out this one, and hopefully re-enter when it has met its downside goal toward the end of October. Thx, EJ

#3 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:15 PM

thoughpwr: my thoughts exactly on WYNN...well, almost exactly, I'm looking for a sell-off back to about 122.

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:21 PM

Note on WYNN: WYNN met is Point and Figure target of 162 and that same day (last week) sold off immediately in reaction. I sold mine at 165, based upon hourly structures leading up to the reaching of the P&F goal. The subsequent three bar reversal indicates that WYNN has a bearish correction to undergo, with the target in the range of 118. I plan to sit out this one, and hopefully re-enter when it has met its downside goal toward the end of October. Thx, EJ

Thanks for the help. By my method of stock selection for these swings (which doesn't include P&F), that small move in WYNN on this swing bothers me too. It makes me suspect because of the break you note it's ceasing to swing with the market and may need to be jettisoned from this basket for the time being.

Any opinions on GRMN? Despite it's 2.7 percent jump this trip, it is the one I would consider the weakest in the group.

Also, I'm looking to slip FWLT into this at some point. So far, it has the vibrancy I look for.

Again, thanks.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."